★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Wave Cortex
  • Genre:
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 317.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Protect the world of HARMONY from the monstrous hordes of DISSONANCE with the power of MUSIC! Play a REAL GUITAR or STRUM a screen guitar to defeat the forces of discord!

There is a world woven from music, whose very air stirs alive with melody: Harmony. Beautiful and wondrous is this world, yet its very existence is imperiled as monsters of dissonance have come to conquer and engulf everything in noise and cacophony. A lonely hero, armed only with a guitar and his courage, fights a desperate battle to save the world from this dissonant horde.

**STRUM CHORDS, SLAY MONSTERS!**
Guide the hero with your guitar! Play chords successfully to pulverize monsters with a powerful crescendo!

**A FUN WAY TO LEARN CHORDS!**
What's a better way to learn or memorize chords and practice your guitar skills than through a very enjoyable game?

**SCREEN GUITAR MODE**
Don't have a guitar? No problem! Screen Guitar Mode allows you to input chords with your fingers!

**A GAME THAT USES REAL GUITARS!**
Use a real guitar. You don't need cables to make it work as the game detects guitar chords through your device's microphone!

**UNLOCKABLES AND CUSTOMIZATION!**
Throughout your journey, you'll find equipment, weapons, and more playable chords to enhance and customize your hero with!

**PROGRESSIVELY CHALLENGING LEVELS!**
Level after level, it gets harder, putting your guitar skills to the test!

slashyblob's comments:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/slashy-chords-guitar-warriors/id1238080953?mt=8

03-28-2018, 04:30 AM
Slashy Chords: Guitar Warriors (by Wave Cortex)

DOWNLOAD NOW!

Protect the world of HARMONY from the monstrous hordes of DISSONANCE with the power of MUSIC! Play a REAL GUITAR or STRUM a screen guitar to defeat the forces of discord!

There is a world woven from music, whose very air stirs alive with melody: Harmony. Beautiful and wondrous is this world, yet its very existence is imperiled as monsters of dissonance have come to conquer and engulf everything in noise and cacophony. A lonely hero, armed only with a guitar and his courage, fights a desperate battle to save the world from this dissonant horde.

**STRUM CHORDS, SLAY MONSTERS!**
Guide the hero with your guitar! Play chords successfully to pulverize monsters with a powerful crescendo!

**A FUN WAY TO LEARN CHORDS!**
What's a better way to learn or memorize chords and practice your guitar skills than through a very enjoyable game?

**SCREEN GUITAR MODE**
Don't have a guitar? No problem! Screen Guitar Mode allows you to input chords with your fingers!

**A GAME THAT USES REAL GUITARS!**
Use a real guitar. You don't need cables to make it work as the game detects guitar chords through your device's microphone!

**UNLOCKABLES AND CUSTOMIZATION!**
Throughout your journey, you'll find equipment, weapons, and more playable chords to enhance and customize your hero with!

**PROGRESSIVELY CHALLENGING LEVELS!**
Level after level, it gets harder, putting your guitar skills to the test!

DOWNLOAD NOW!

Official website: wavecortex.com

Last edited by Wave Cortex; 03-28-2018 at 04:33 AM.

03-28-2018, 09:07 AM
How does this work?
03-28-2018, 01:42 PM
What a cool looking new way to play! How can I NOT wanna try this?! Im in!
03-28-2018, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbegirl View Post
How does this work?
Hi bbegirl, it works in two ways.
1. If you have a guitar, just grab it and play without any cables. The game use device microphone to recognise the guitar sound.
2. If not, you can use the virtual on-screen guitar in the game, tap the note and swipe to play the beautiful chords.
03-28-2018, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
What a cool looking new way to play! How can I NOT wanna try this?! Im in!
Hi bigrand1, we can't wait to hear you feedback
03-29-2018, 10:38 AM
Playing with the on-screen fretboard is slow but not impossible. I got to the first boss then got overwhelmed by its spawns. Im definitely trying again with a guitar when I get home. I really like the Typing of the Dead vibe. Looking at the equipment menu, it seems the chords will get more varied and complex as the game progresses which is a good thing. This game should make for a good teaching tool as well. Is it on Google Play too? If so, I will recommend it to my brother who is learning guitar.
03-29-2018, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
Playing with the on-screen fretboard is slow but not impossible. I got to the first boss then got overwhelmed by its spawns. Im definitely trying again with a guitar when I get home. I really like the Typing of the Dead vibe. Looking at the equipment menu, it seems the chords will get more varied and complex as the game progresses which is a good thing. This game should make for a good teaching tool as well. Is it on Google Play too? If so, I will recommend it to my brother who is learning guitar.
Hi toofinedog, glad to hear that you like the game! One of our inspiration come from Typing of the Dead. For Google Play version, we are developing but don't have a exact launch date yet. Please also let us know you thoughts when you play with your guitar
03-29-2018, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashyblob View Post
Hi toofinedog, glad to hear that you like the game! One of our inspiration come from Typing of the Dead. For Google Play version, we are developing but don't have a exact launch date yet. Please also let us know you thoughts when you play with your guitar
I gave the game a try with an older, cheap guitar I have. Upon startup, the game prompted me to play a Dm, recognized my guitar was out of tune, and directed me to the in-game tuner which was a nice touch. I got tuned up and played up to second checkpoint. Not only was the gameplay more natural, but I also enjoyed it a lot more than the on-screen controls. I am looking forward to gameplay getting more frenzied which does lead me to a possible issue. Depending on the position of my guitamurai, he attacks the closest chord-matching monster. Sometimes, the monster closest to my guy is not the one closest to a crystal. When the pick plates are introduced, I got the feeling these would be my only way to move around to re-target, but I was wondering if there is a feature that can let me quickly change targets when or before playing a chord. I did try tapping a different monster on screen, but that didnt work. Am I missing something, or should I just strum faster? Anyway, I like it. If I use the app to tune up, Ill at least try to pass another checkpoint. Ill try it with my better acoustic and my electric during other sessions.
03-30-2018, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashyblob View Post
Hi bbegirl, it works in two ways.
1. If you have a guitar, just grab it and play without any cables. The game use device microphone to recognise the guitar sound.
2. If not, you can use the virtual on-screen guitar in the game, tap the note and swipe to play the beautiful chords.
That is so cool! I just tried it on my guitar was not expecting that! Love the visuals too will play some more and share thoughts!