★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Alex Vilassak
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 178.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0.6
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: OVIVO is a mesmerizing platformer with unusual mechanics where everything is as simple as black and white. It is a metaphorical game filled with illusions and hidden messages.

In the world of OVIVO, Black and White exist in harmony. By constantly intertwining and replacing each other, they maintain balance. The main character named OVO was born of these two halves and has the ability to switch between them. OVO travels through the metaphorical world, overcoming dangers and collecting mysterious symbols. These symbols will help you unravel the story of this world, but how you interpret it is completely up to you.

Features:
Flow mechanics. In white, gravity points downward, in blackupward. Because momentum is preserved when transitioning from one color to another, OVO can float along their border as if being carried by a flow.

Fascinating art. The allegorical world of OVIVO is full of hidden images and optical illusions.

Design without words. There is almost no text in the game and the story is told through gameplay and visuals.

Meditative ambient soundtrack by Brokenkites.

Brightsiderus's comments:

Just released. Looks neat with its minimalistic graphics.
https://itunes.apple.com/ru/app/ovivo/id1185071881?mt=8
03-28-2018, 06:59 PM
OVIVO (by Alex Vilassak)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hi folks! Here is OVIVO - as simple as black and white platformer.This game about the journey to simplicity where things become ever more complex on the way.

Story
In the world of OVIVO, Black and White exist in harmony. By constantly intertwining and replacing each other, they maintain balance. The main character named OVO was born of these two halves and has the ability to switch between them. OVO travels through the metaphorical world, overcoming dangers and collecting mysterious symbols. These symbols will help you unravel the story of this world, but how you interpret it is completely up to you.

Features
■ Flow mechanics. In white, gravity points downward, in black—upward. Because momentum is preserved when transitioning from one color to another, OVO can float along their border as if being carried by a flow.
■ Fascinating art. The allegorical world of OVIVO is full of hidden images and optical illusions.
■ Design without words. There is almost no text in the game and the story is told through gameplay and visuals.
■ Meditative ambient soundtrack by Brokenkites.

Awards
• "Audience choice" Games Jam 2014
• "1st place in Game category" Imagine Cup 2015
• "1st place" Imagine Cup Media Award 2015
• "Best Indie Game" DevGamm 2015
• "Best Indie Game" Gamedev Conference 2016
• "Best Art" Gamedev Conference 2016
• "Best Game Design" Gamedev Conference 2016

Selected Articles
"I'm sure Ovivo's control scheme was the easiest to understand out of anything I played at PAX East this year. An on-screen analog stick to move left or right in 2D space, a tap to perform an action... and that's about all you need to get started!"
- Griffin Vacheron, Game Revolution

"While this basic movement itself can be super satisfying even in simple scenarios, getting from point A to point B can still require more complex, twitch-based stunts and Ovivo offers plenty of opportunities to do so."
- Chloi Rad, Pocket Gamer

VK: https://vk.com/ovivo_game
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OVIVOgame/
Twiiter: https://twitter.com/ovivo_game
Music: http://brokenkites.com/

04-02-2018, 06:31 AM
I worry for premium iOS titles when a platformer that’s so sublime, gorgeous and original isn’t getting any attention on TA. :/

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
04-02-2018, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I worry for premium iOS titles when a platformer that’s so sublime, gorgeous and original isn’t getting any attention on TA. :/
I finally had a chance to give this a go yesterday. A truly original concept, exceptionally executed. Imagine the zen-like flow of Tiny Wings but with the full control of a traditional platformer. OVIVO is an artistic achievement that is truly a joy to play.

Last edited by squarezero; 04-02-2018 at 06:53 AM.
04-02-2018, 06:49 AM
If one sheep is over the Dam, right Metal ha ha, love this, it reminds me a bit of the old days of the Appstore and in a certain way on Contre Jour, it’s totally different but it has the same kind of atmosphere.

The controls work great, I use option one with the arrows and Touch for morphing anywhere, and it has Achievements for those who are into them.

Last edited by ROGER-NL; 04-02-2018 at 04:07 PM.
04-02-2018, 10:03 AM
This really is rather lovely. Beautiful and the controls feel spot on once you have the click moment about conserving momentum across the boundary.

Highly recommended.
04-02-2018, 02:50 PM
What a trip! I cant help but be intrigued by this one! 🤗 The artwork is awesome! Love the cool instant contrast when you go between the black and white! Watching the video, I kept in mind that I would be going up when in in black, down when in white. I was watching it and kept thinking this is one of those games where you have to actually feel the effect in order to really get it! Takes a sec to wrap your mind around something original like this!! 😉 I definitely dont wanna miss out on the opportunity to grab this game! 👍
04-02-2018, 05:58 PM
Thanks. Yes we know about tendetion to make games with free business model but we believe that the ads will ruin the athmosphere in this game.The only hope that the idea and quality of the game will works to public attention.
04-02-2018, 06:00 PM
And thank you all for your comments. I really glad that you like our game!!!
04-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skykpot View Post
And thank you all for your comments. I really glad that you like our game!!!
Welcome to TA!