★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **** "Fliplomacy is a must for any puzzle lovers." - 9.1/10 - AppAdvice

**** "One of the Best games of the month on iOS - March 2018" - AntyApps

There is a state of crisis on the board. Many have changed sides.

As the ace Diplomat, it is your job to restore the order. Every step that you take, can win you friends and turn some against you. Make the right moves and flip everyone to your side. Are you up for the challenge?

Strategise and chart a path across the board; moving, jumping and flipping stuff as you attempt to solve the 150 different puzzles!

"Fliplomacy" at its heart is a logic puzzle game where you have to carefully analyse the board to figure out the necessary steps to complete the puzzle. A forewarning though - It won't be easy!

Go ahead and take up the challenge. Can you collect all three stars on each level?

* One touch gameplay. Just swipe to move.
* 150 challenging puzzles, all unlocked from start!
* Leaderboards to see how you are doing globally.
* Three additional themes to unlock.
* Inspired by the game mechanics of Othello, Checkers etc.

shobhit.samaria's comments:
Fliplomacy, a puzzle game which is unique take on diplomacy and the classic games such as Othello & Checkers, has been launched on iOS.

Move, Jump, FLIP!

Three words that describe the game very appropriately.

Fliplomacy is a Puzzle Game where the player controls the protagonist piece on a game board. The movements are very simple - Swipe Up, Down, Left or Right to move in the respective direction. This is the Move part.

The objectives are very simple. The player needs to convert all the other pieces on the board to the same color as itself. And you can do that by simply jumping over a piece! This is the Jump part.

Whenever, a player jumps over a piece on the board, the piece changes its color to opposite to what it is currently. This is the FLIP part.

As easy as it sounds, the game keeps offering challenges in the form of special board tiles which can flip row, columns or even everything on the board, special portal tiles and even tiles that disappear once you have moved away from them!

Inspired by the classic games such as Othello, Checkers etc which require strategic movement of pieces across the board, jumping to capture or flip the enemy pieces, the idea for the game mechanics of Fliplomacy was born.

The title of the game is a pun on Diplomacy. This is my simplified take on 'diplomacy' where you have to bring everyone on the same page and every move you make, could turn some pieces against you as well as turn some in your favour.

The visual style given to the game is such that the protagonist is given the role of an Diplomat who is set out on a task to restore order to the board. Instead of capturing pieces, the game requires careful charting of path across the board to make all the pieces agree with the Diplomat!

The tiles of the board are also designed to reflect the nature of a diplomats life. Some special tiles reflecting the nature of decisioning, which flip rows, columns or everything on the board. Special portal tiles to paint their travelling needs. Handshake tiles to finally seal the deal!

Each of the puzzles offers a special challenge to the player to not just finish it, but also try to finish it in the minimum number of steps!

With a non-intrusive soothing soundtrack playing in the background and 150 puzzles to solve, the game offers hours of challenging gameplay for the players.

Youtube link | Pop Up

03-28-2018, 03:02 PM
Promo Codes!

Hi

I have generated some promo codes for the game!

Please have a look at this thread in the Promo Codes forum - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=317975 if you are interested in trying out the game.

Thanks!

03-28-2018, 03:50 PM
Loving the clean aesthetic. Ive only played for a short while at the moment but it looks like taking a classic mechanic and giving it some interesting twists.

I look forward to seeing what lies in store down the road. Recommended for sure.
03-29-2018, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGonzo View Post
Loving the clean aesthetic. Ive only played for a short while at the moment but it looks like taking a classic mechanic and giving it some interesting twists.

I look forward to seeing what lies in store down the road. Recommended for sure.
Thanks for trying it out!

I have just pushed out a build (pending Apple review) with a small change where all the levels which have instructions/tutorial are marked out. This will allow the players to quickly identify which levels of the chapter are prerequisite to completing the other levels of the chapter. Once completed, they can choose to complete the other levels in any order as they please or even move to the next chapter.

Also, all the Promo Codes that I posted have been taken. If you wish to try it out, reach out to me at shobhit.samaria@gmail.com or contact@shobhitsamaria.com or via this thread or DM. If I am unable to provide a code, the game still has a TestFlight build. So something can still be arranged!

Thanks!
03-30-2018, 08:57 AM
Is the solution for each level deterministic and unique? How are the minimum numbers of moves determined? In the few levels I saw from a playthrough video, it seems that there is a large buffer in the number of moves so that the cutoff for 3 stars does not represent the true minimum. If this is so, how large is the buffer, does the game display the true minimum for each level?

Last edited by y2kmp3; 03-30-2018 at 09:07 AM.
03-30-2018, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Is the solution for each level deterministic and unique? How are the minimum numbers of moves determined? In the few levels I saw from a playthrough video, it seems that there is a large buffer in the number of moves so that the cutoff for 3 stars does not represent the true minimum. If this is so, how large is the buffer, does the game display the true minimum for each level?
Its a mixed bag. Some levels do have a unique solution while many don't. The minimum number of moves is determined from the known solution and by running an algo to determine any sequence of steps that can solve the puzzle in lesser steps. The known solution is still a good number to hit.

I think I understand the reason for your concern about the stars. I didn't know there was a playthrough video () but the initial levels of every chapter are very straightforward and tutorial type levels where the solution is pretty apparent. They are the only ones which have a buffer so that the player can explore around if needed. I assume that is what is shown in the video. Beyond that, there is no buffer.

Hope that helps! And many thanks for showing interest! Much appreciated.
03-30-2018, 12:51 PM
I think that explains it. Indeed, the playthrough video I saw was indeed only for the beginning few levels. Can you tell me beyond which levels do the 3-stars cutoffs truly represent the optimal / best possible solutions without any buffer in the "move counts"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit.samaria View Post
I think I understand the reason for your concern about the stars. I didn't know there was a playthrough video () but the initial levels of every chapter are very straightforward and tutorial type levels where the solution is pretty apparent. They are the only ones which have a buffer so that the player can explore around if needed. I assume that is what is shown in the video. Beyond that, there is no buffer.
03-30-2018, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
I think that explains it. Indeed, the playthrough video I saw was indeed only for the beginning few levels. Can you tell me beyond which levels do the 3-stars cutoffs truly represent the optimal / best possible solutions without any buffer in the "move counts"?
OK. Sure. That would be :
Level 10 onwards for Chapter 1.
Level 5 onwards for Chapter 2.
Level 8 onwards for Chapter 3.
Level 5 onwards for Chapter 4.
Level 6 onwards for Chapter 5.

There would be sporadic levels in between where I have left a small buffer as the minimum move count would be a bit difficult (I will have to dig to find them as they are only a few of them). I probably might change that in the next build to keep it consistent.

Hope this helps! Cheers!
03-30-2018, 05:18 PM
That is most useful. I think I will give this game a try. Is it possible for you to disclose to me in private (via PM) the optimal solutions for these tutorial levels? I like to tackle these levels to get the optimal solutions as well. Also, can you dig through your notes to find the odd levels that have a buffer as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit.samaria View Post
OK. Sure. That would be :
Level 10 onwards for Chapter 1.
Level 5 onwards for Chapter 2.
Level 8 onwards for Chapter 3.
Level 5 onwards for Chapter 4.
Level 6 onwards for Chapter 5.

There would be sporadic levels in between where I have left a small buffer as the minimum move count would be a bit difficult (I will have to dig to find them as they are only a few of them). I probably might change that in the next build to keep it consistent.

Hope this helps! Cheers!
04-01-2018, 01:52 AM
Thanks to the developers, I was able to try this game. It is a beautiful pastel-like puzzle game. Furthermore, it is well organized. There is also a undo function considering the user.

If the game supports multiple languages, the game will be available to more users. Since English is not my first language, it was a bit difficult to understand the tutorial's explanation. But thanks to the game's intuitive interface, users can learn the rules of puzzles themselves.

It is a puzzle game not only for users who like logical puzzles, but also for ordinary people. So if you like puzzle games, I recommend trying this game.