★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Any news on sims 3 for the iphone?

01-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Any news on sims 3 for the iphone?

Hi, a while ago i came across numerouse sites talking about EA's future iphone releases, and i found sims 3, every website says the same thing though and i have found no new informatio on the subject, i was woundering if andyone here knows anything about the sims 3 release on the iphone as all i know is that it is gonna be releaed in 2009 which is now!
i would appreciate any posts on the subject as i am very interested to find out more about this upcoming app.
thanks everyone!
Jordancoolj
01-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Well, it says on most of their games that Sims 3 is going to be released soon...

SimCity was just released a few weeks ago... I wouldn't expect Sims any time soon.

By the way, welcome to TA forums. It's nice to see new people

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

01-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordancoolj View Post
Hi, a while ago i came across numerouse sites talking about EA's future iphone releases, and i found sims 3, every website says the same thing though and i have found no new informatio on the subject, i was woundering if andyone here knows anything about the sims 3 release on the iphone as all i know is that it is gonna be releaed in 2009 which is now!
i would appreciate any posts on the subject as i am very interested to find out more about this upcoming app.
thanks everyone!
Jordancoolj
I don't know. It will be very expensive regardless, and I didn't like it on the PC. Try searching first, and if other places don't know anything, nobody on here has insider information, we do have an EA rep, but he doesn't get on very often.I suggest if you want some more knowledgeable people try this. They may have more info.
01-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I already have sim city (and i think it is brilliant) and that i why i was wondering about sims 3, i am just curious to see how the graphics and such will turn out, thats all...
01-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
I don't know. It will be very expensive regardless, and I didn't like it on the PC. Try searching first, and if other places don't know anything, nobody on here has insider information, we do have an EA rep, but he doesn't get on very often.I suggest if you want some more knowledgeable people try this. They may have more info.
You played the Sims 3 on your computer eh? A game that's not out? Interesting...
01-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordancoolj View Post
I already have sim city (and i think it is brilliant) and that i why i was wondering about sims 3, i am just curious to see how the graphics and such will turn out, thats all...
Well, the iPhone is powerful, but RAM will be an issue with something as complex as The Sims. I would guess that the polygon count would have to be pretty low to make up for it. Don't expect a blowaway title.
01-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
You played the Sims 3 on your computer eh? A game that's not out? Interesting...
Sims 1 and 2. I was referring to the other 2, which I didn't like at all.
01-01-2009, 04:12 PM
okay then, thanks everyone for your replies! if any new info comes across then i wil be happy to hear!
01-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
I don't know. It will be very expensive regardless, and I didn't like it on the PC.
I hated Sims 2 for the PC because of its lack of any sort of initial directions(it has literally too much variety).
BUT i loved the Sims for the PSP, because it had a main story line(which was very creative and funny), a load of not too obvious sidequests and you still had the option of just buying stuff for your house, getting a wife, going to the loo, etc..
So im hoping that the Iphone Version might take into that very direction.
We'll see.
01-01-2009, 05:44 PM
The Sims 3 for PC is going to be released on February 20. We can probably expect it to be released for the iPhone around the same time, as long as it doesn't end up like NFS.