★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Card Ace - a full-featured online multiplayer Texas Hold 'Em game... for free!

11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Card Ace - a full-featured online multiplayer Texas Hold 'Em game... for free!

Our new game, Card Ace, is finally out on the iPhone!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=335244742&mt=8

It's a Texas Hold 'Em game you can play with friends on the iPhone, iPod Touch, Facebook, and the Palm Pre. If you played Word Ace, it uses a lot of the social features that we developed for that game - from the in-game chat to the picture-based emotes to the Friend Lists.

Best, if you've got a Word Ace profile, it'll carry straight over to Card Ace!

Every day you play, you'll get an additional 1,000 chips. The game is totally free. If you don't want extra chips, and you're not totally reckless with your betting, you'll never have to pay a cent!

11-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Send a message via AIM to costanza
You guys should stop playing Elimehinate and download this. It's awesome.

11-03-2009, 09:59 PM
yessss, this is so great. and it's free! i'm glad i can carry my account over from word ace as well.

this is by the same team that brought us the grossly underrated and brilliant game taxi ball(which i also couldn't recommend any more), so you know you can't go wrong.
01-09-2010, 02:34 AM
Card Ace v.1.1 is out!

Card Ace:

New In This Version:

* Auto-Actions: Select whether you want to Check, Fold or Check/Fold before your turn with a pair of convenient check boxes!

* Player Rating: Like someone you're playing with? Give them a thumbs up, and add to their Popularity Rating! Find a player giving you a hard time? Give 'em a thumbs down, and let Card Ace know what you think of 'em!

* In-game Gifts: Playing with someone you like? Get 'em a cup of coffee! Did someone just take all your cash? Get them a bottle of poison!

* Expanded Player Info: Click on a player, and now you can see their most recent awards and their best hand!

* Donations: Got enough chips, but want to support the game? Purchase an in-app donation, and you'll get a shiny star by your profile for 30 days that shows everyone that your support makes the game possible! (Donations will be enabled shortly!)
01-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Hmm this makes me want to learn how to play Texas Hold Em lol.
01-09-2010, 06:07 AM
Game Impressions

Unfortunately, I find both Card Ace and Word Ace far too slow to play for any amount of time.
I spend most of my time just watching other players time bars slowly running out before they pass or fold.
Obviously most people aren't as impatient as myself as these games are very popular and if the timers were sped up then I'd play some more.
01-09-2010, 07:17 AM
How do donations work? I'd like to make a non-profit app for noncustodial parents with donations, but does Apple take their 70/30 cut if it's a 501c3 or not like this app?
01-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AClockworkSausage View Post
Unfortunately, I find both Card Ace and Word Ace far too slow to play for any amount of time.
I spend most of my time just watching other players time bars slowly running out before they pass or fold.
Obviously most people aren't as impatient as myself as these games are very popular and if the timers were sped up then I'd play some more.
We're actually rolling out speed tables on the Facebook version really soon, then we'll roll them out on the iPhone/Pre for devices that have the bandwidth to handle them. So keep an eye out for 1.2!

seppo
01-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Tnx for ignoring me

fail
01-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfawaregames View Post
We're actually rolling out speed tables on the Facebook version really soon, then we'll roll them out on the iPhone/Pre for devices that have the bandwidth to handle them. So keep an eye out for 1.2!

seppo
That's great news. Will install them back on once the updates are out.