★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Catch the Mantra: Unusual game, a meditation game by YakDog Games.

04-04-2018, 10:23 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Catch the Mantra: Unusual game, a meditation game by YakDog Games.

Hi all.

Long time lurker here.

Wanted to share with you our first Mobile game release, "Catch the Mantra", a meditation game.

From Wikipedia.

Quote:
A "mantra" (/ˈmæntrə, ˈmɑːn-, ˈmʌn-/ (Sanskrit: मन्त्र)) is a sacred utterance, a numinous sound, a syllable, word or phonemes, or group of words in Sanskrit believed by practitioners to have psychological and spiritual powers. Mantra meditation helps to induce an altered state of consciousness. A mantra may or may not have a syntactic structure or literal meaning.
Some would argue how a game can be a meditation method:

Quote:
Meditation can be defined as a practice where an individual focuses their mind on a particular object, thought or activity to achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm state. Meditation may be used to reduce stress, anxiety, depression, and pain. It may be done while sitting, repeating a mantra, and closing the eyes in a quiet environment.
So, I was thinking, I want to make a mobile game that is small and kind of different from the rest and I come up with this game.

You can see a trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHte...ature=youtu.be

And I'm attaching some screenshots here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	main menu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	119914Click image for larger version

Name:	Game Play 3.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	119915Click image for larger version

Name:	Level Completed.jpg
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	119916Click image for larger version

Name:	Mantra Completed.jpg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	119917Click image for larger version

Name:	Start Level.jpg
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	119918Click image for larger version

Name:	Instructions.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	119919Click image for larger version

Name:	Credits.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	119920

Last but not least, you can play it for free here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntraMahaMantra

We are still working on some other features like Boosters and character selection, etc...

Since it's our first serious game every feedback is welcome.

Thanks!
04-17-2018, 08:23 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Big Update

Made a big update on the Main Menu and the way the words fall to fix the overlapping issue.

Also added a tutorial mode in level 1.