★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: NOPOPO SL
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 85.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Yo! Walk the Line is the latest arcade game by nopopo! Filled with challenging obstacles, the line keeps changing while you're tasked with collecting as many flags- and coins- as possible.

Unlock all the unique characters and flags in this retro-difficult arcade experience!
04-11-2018, 07:14 AM
Nice job to Folmer Kelly and NOPOPO. This is a simple high score chaser with great sounds to match the nice minimal art style. Great for short game sessions.

Hold to walk and release to jump. Hitting walls or spikes will kill you. Make it to the flag at the other side of the screen to score a point, then back again (repeat till you die). My high so far is 33.

Game Center: AnotherkellydwN

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 2481-8785-2021

My Instagram & Twitter

04-11-2018, 08:25 AM
I love the flag score idea. It's much more novel and fun that just number of steps IMO.

The color choice art and sound are super cohesive and fun as well. The game puts a smile on my face.

Have you considered adding more variety / special animations to some of the characters (maybe you have and I haven't seen them yet.) I feel like they are all a little too similar.
04-11-2018, 11:22 AM
Game Freeze

After purchasing the remove ads IAP the game has been freezing when I try to press “Play Again” after a run. My guess is it has to do with the ad system interfering? Been pressing the “home” button as a workaround. Playing on iPhone 7+ with iOS 11.3.

Still enjoying playing and learning the traps!

My Instagram & Twitter

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 04-11-2018 at 11:25 AM.
04-11-2018, 11:28 AM
They are adorable.

Youtube link | Pop Up

There are more things in heaven and earth.
04-11-2018, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
After purchasing the remove ads IAP the game has been freezing when I try to press Play Again after a run. My guess is it has to do with the ad system interfering? Been pressing the home button as a workaround. Playing on iPhone 7+ with iOS 11.3.

Still enjoying playing and learning the traps!
Try deleting the game and reinstalling it. Anyway, if you have purchased an ad removal, you can restore your purchase. Some apps reported that they fixed the error in the same way.

And the developer is just tweeting, so if you want an accurate answer, you can ask him.

Last edited by nyanpass; 04-11-2018 at 11:37 AM.
04-11-2018, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanpass View Post
Try deleting the game and reinstalling it. Anyway, if you have purchased an ad removal, you can restore your purchase. Some apps reported that they fixed the error in the same way.

And the developer is just tweeting, so if you want an accurate answer, you can ask him.
Hey thanks, nyanpass, maker of video game threads!

Tried to restore purchases but that didnt solve it. Ended up deleting, reinstalling, then doing a restore purchases, now it works fine. Lost my coins and characters but that doesnt bother me.

My Instagram & Twitter
04-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
Hey thanks, nyanpass, maker of video game threads!

Tried to restore purchases but that didnt solve it. Ended up deleting, reinstalling, then doing a restore purchases, now it works fine. Lost my coins and characters but that doesnt bother me.
I'm glad. That was the order I said.

And it's optimized for iPhone X, so let's play this game a lot!