★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Per-Order - abused system?

04-16-2018, 07:41 PM
Per-Order - abused system?

I noticed of late with Per-Order it seems to be open to abuse. There are some that seem to be using it so it bumps them up the search results specially if you using a ipad so they appear at the top of the search ie a slot machine game.

Something else intriguing i have actually since one developer pull their game from per-order and remove it from the store, no it was not one of this mistake releases we get it. This game was on the store for a number of weeks. Which makes me wonder why they removed it not enough pre-sales maybe could this be a start of a new trend we get to see games on pre-order yet never get released cause of poor pre sales? If that is how it works on the app store?

EA mobile Game Changer member + Streamer
04-17-2018, 12:46 AM
You mean pre order ?

I can see why devs might pull games. They may panic that thereís wonít be enough sales and might go back to the drawing board.

I wonít be pre ordering anything again as I always get the pre order game later than everyone else when itís released. Apple needs to fix it
04-17-2018, 07:58 AM
Excited for Oddmar and Polar Rollout to come out this week!

Very true regarding the wait. If anything, people who pre-order should get the game a day prior rather than numerous hours after. Game should be offered discounts, even if they are 20% off...

240,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Gamecenter ID: Donny K76
PSN ID: donnydj76
Let's go Yankees!
04-17-2018, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
I noticed of late with Per-Order it seems to be open to abuse. There are some that seem to be using it so it bumps them up the search results specially if you using a ipad so they appear at the top of the search ie a slot machine game.

Something else intriguing i have actually since one developer pull their game from per-order and remove it from the store, no it was not one of this mistake releases we get it. This game was on the store for a number of weeks. Which makes me wonder why they removed it not enough pre-sales maybe could this be a start of a new trend we get to see games on pre-order yet never get released cause of poor pre sales? If that is how it works on the app store?
Pre-ordering is a marketing tool — plain and simple. To do it to bump up search ranks is not abusing the system; it’s the point.

The right way to do it is to offer an incentive (for example, a discount. In the console world, some preorders have come with pre-release level downloads, exclusive beta access, etc. (In)famously, multiplayer games often bundle exclusive weapons, skins, etc. On iOS, some developers have been nervous about sweetening the pot too much because preorders are only available on iOS11.

As to games getting cancelled or delayed after preorders, it happens on all systems (there’s that guy who had the 7 year old receipt for The Last Guardian). I don’t see become a trend, since it’s a good way to burn your customers.
04-17-2018, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDJ76 View Post
Excited for Oddmar and Polar Rollout to come out this week!

Very true regarding the wait. If anything, people who pre-order should get the game a day prior rather than numerous hours after. Game should be offered discounts, even if they are 20% off...
You will like Oddmar i have played it myself cant believe its mobile game it looks that good

EA mobile Game Changer member + Streamer