★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** Update **

Run Hamster Run made it onto "Hot New Games" in the app store! Herbie thanks you, Apple!

Run Hamster Run made it onto the top 50 in the Kids Games section in the app store!

Love for Herbie:

"Simplistic kind of game, yet the drawings on it are amazing. Totally worth looking at." - Touchgen.com

"Classic concept made original" - jlach61

"Me and my kids were playing this for a few hours last night and we'll be playing it again tonight!" - littlemuggo

"Just gotta love the graphics in this one, it takes me back to my childhood." - Grogo T

"I reccomend this game to any fan of Cliffed or other 'drop down' type genre game. I believe this game is worth every penny." - Aldex

Openfeint achievements coming soon!

It's a hamster's worst nightmare! Snakes are loose in the hamster tubes and they are coming for Herbie!

Try to steer Herbie down the tubes before he becomes a snake's next meal in this cartoon style arcade game. The longer you stay alive, the bigger your score, and the faster it goes!

- Hilarious hand drawn animations
- Fast paced addictive game play
- Easy to play, hard to master
- Original soundtrack
- High scores
- Delicious pellets
- Snakes

Run Hamster Run!

If you have any suggestions for gameplay or are having any issues, please let us know at runhamsterrun@redpencilentertainment.com!
----------
11-04-2009, 10:51 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

11-04-2009, 06:55 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Now 1.99

This is like Cliffed

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
11-04-2009, 07:05 PM
What are the controls like?
11-04-2009, 07:44 PM
This kind of reminds me of hamsterball from the pics. Any impressions? Or a hands on gameplay video?

Last edited by Touchgamer3g; 11-04-2009 at 07:49 PM.
11-05-2009, 02:08 AM
Impressions/Review

In this game you play as a hamster running through hamster tubes, trying to escape the snakes, which for some reason are all over the place and trying to eat you. The hamster can only run left or right and drop down through holes in the tubes, and cannot move up. The concept of the game is basically the same as Fall Down, but Run Hamster Run has a better theme, more interesting scoring system, and enemies included.

The gameplay is fun and addicting, the screen moves/falls automatically, and you just try to keep moving down the screen through the holes in the tubes only to end up in more tubes to go down through, avoiding snakes and collecting pellets(for points) along the way. Controls are great, all touch controls. You just press and hold on the side of the screen left or right for the direction you want to run in, and double tap either side to dash left or right. The hamster is pretty agile and quick even without the dash, but the dash is very useful. A snake will quickly crawl toward the hamster and when close enough try to bite, so responsive controls are a must, and for the most part the controls are responsive, keeping in mind that when the hamster's running fast enough that some physics apply, and the momentum that he's running in will prevent him from turning on a dime to run in the opposite direction.

You score points by falling through the tubes and collecting pellets along the way, and your current score is always at the top of the screen. The farther you make it, the more the speed of the falling screen will increase, forcing you to move through the tubes faster. The speed in the game goes up every 15 seconds by 1, and the current speed level is displayed on the top left corner of the screen. Points are multiplied by whatever your current speed level is throughout the game while you earn them. The overall goal of the game is to make it as far as you can, to rack up as many points as you can in the process. The game ends when either a snake bites you or you can't move fast enough and the falling screen catches up to you. There is a personal high scores list, but unfortunately no online leaderboards at the moment. I hope they are added in an update, would definitely be more incentive to play and get to compete/compare scores

Graphics of the game are cartoony, animations are decent, from the way the snake crawls to the way the hamster runs and turns. Sound and music are good, but wacky and cartoon-like. Good presentation. A help menu is available that explains everything about gameplay.

This is a fun pickup and play arcade style game. As I mentioned before, the only thing I would really like to see added are online leaderboards. Other than that, its a well made game.
11-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Like hamsters!!!!!!!! They are so quite! Definitelu must help this very HAMSTERrrr
11-06-2009, 03:06 PM
I can say, I love this game a lot. It brings back those feelings I had when I used to play doodle jump daily and the wife and I would hold competitions to see who get could the better score. I would love to see updates to this game, like maybe different hamsters to choose from and all with different abilities.
11-11-2009, 11:12 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
This game is AWESOME!
It really needs online highscores, but the dev is considering it in an update
I love the animations and how the hamster runs.
My high score is 5940, can you beat it?
And I also like it when you die and you turn into an angel, its pretty cute.

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
11-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Online Scores

I'm a developer on it, I'm wondering if anyone has any preference for online high score sites? (ScoreLoop, etc) I know a lot of them seem to have achievements and things.
I would love to implement it for my players