★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Featured in "New and Noteworthy" & "What's Hot" category.

REVIEWS *****

Major Warhead delivers this really fun gameplay in a really pretty package of 2D graphics and cheeky sound effects...
-- Jason Lee @ www.nineoverten.com

If you like tower defense but find that some of the apps in that genre on the App Store move a little slow, youve got to check out Major Warhead.
-- http://www.theiphoneappreview.com

Great visual and sound effects drives the unique and fun gameplay.

Easy to start, difficult to finish.

DESCRIPTION *****

Major Warhead is a top-down base defense game for iPhone and iPod touch. As Major Warhead, you are in-charge of a military outpost in a remote desert where hoards of enemies are trying to take over the base. Fight against waves of enemies such as soldiers, suicide bombers, tanks, jeeps, ATVs, trucks and rocketeers using advance weapons such as Apache and Artillery. Finish the fight with at least one building standing.

Do you have what it takes to become Major Warhead?

WEB:

http://www.drillbitstudios.com
contact@drillbitstudios.com

Big war on a small scale.
11-04-2009, 10:43 AM
damn, this looks very fun on paper... might have to try it out. sounds like my kind of game. this and the new transoid.

11-04-2009, 10:45 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-04-2009, 10:49 AM
wow that looks good

OpenFeint/Agon: Waward
Plus+: Ward
Beta Tester for Minigore & Katchup!
11-04-2009, 10:51 AM
trailer looks good, although the comical aspect of the game is a little off-putting to me for some reason.

read a little closer, don't see anything about your units being able to be upgraded, only repaired?
11-05-2009, 12:25 AM
so has anyone tried this yet?

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
11-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecebn View Post
so has anyone tried this yet?
i bought it, seems like a well done game, although a little light on the strategy part. i.e. nothing to upgrade, just repair. i left some feedback in the appstore to add features like upgrading the units, and perhaps buying other units to put into the base, like snipers/etc, upgrading the walls and such.

its not a bad game at all, just light on the thinking part.
11-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Appreciate your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
i bought it, seems like a well done game, although a little light on the strategy part. i.e. nothing to upgrade, just repair. i left some feedback in the appstore to add features like upgrading the units, and perhaps buying other units to put into the base, like snipers/etc, upgrading the walls and such.

its not a bad game at all, just light on the thinking part.
On behalf of Drillbit Studios I thank you for playing the game. We appreciate your review and your feedback is duly noted. It is process that would help an indie developer like us to improve the quality of our games. There are upgrades coming your way which would include improved weapon upgrades in form of new types of artillery shells. The other buildings that are not active right now would be put to good use. There are newer enemy units and the game will be more dynamic as the game play will change with the use of a certain type of weapon. Here is a sneak preview of what the game would have after the major update. Also you would be able to unlock Major Warhead, our silent protagonist, as an achievement which will be a hero unit in the game. Looking forward to receiving more feedback on the game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mwb1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	10205  
11-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Good to hear, sounds like you guys are on the right track. Looking forward to more giblet goodness
11-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Looks like Boom Brigade, which I like. Can anyone comment on the similarities?

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL