★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Oddmar Off Topic

04-21-2018, 04:39 AM
Oddmar Off Topic

I cannot buy it because of the IOS minimum requirement. Please make it available for IOS 9 users.
04-21-2018, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean pierre View Post
I cannot buy it because of the IOS minimum requirement. Please make it available for IOS 9 users.
Why should they, ios 9 old, and more games be having iOS 11 and next iOS 12

04-21-2018, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesrooney27 View Post
Totally agree. iOS 12 will be out this Sept. Iíve got an old iPad ($100) which I knew my 32 bit games on
04-21-2018, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Because in this way the users that will download it will be more and the money that the developers will get, will be more! Have backwards compatibility and all the customers will be satisfied. It's like someone will develop a new game for pc / mac only with the high-end new graphics cards. Only few will buy it. I don't understand how the developers are thinking. Maybe the developers don't want to support previous versions due to different coding/ programming.. I just really don't know...
Fortnite also needs ios 11 ...
On the contrary to Fortnite, I really would like to buy Oddmar. It's true premium title and I wanted to support the devs like I have already bought Leo's Fortune, Rayman 1,2, etc.

I have ios 10 and I don't want to update because I have read that iPhone / iPad will get a little bit slower. So, no thanks, I will stick to ios 10.
04-21-2018, 08:02 AM
Quote:
When I bought my iPad pro, it was delivered with IOS 9.3 and optimized for IOS 9.3. It is not a secret that the evolutions of IOS are optimized ONLY for newest devices. Besides, there are new games issued with IOS 7 as a minimum requirement.
I still remember how IOS 8 bricked my iPad 2 and no way to step back.
I will stay on IOS 9.3 for sure!
And to answer your question, I would say that the devs would certainly get more customers if they make the game compatible with older IOS versions.
04-21-2018, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lull4by View Post
I found that I have to download levels every time I open the game, even I already downloaded them before, is that a bug?
same thing here... i've already complained about that in the upcoming thread last week, 'cause never seen before a weirder system than this... i've bought the game anway, but now i see that the download "feature" is worse than i expected, and devs told it needed a one time download only.

what i do if the server stops working or i can't reach any wi-fi connection?
and then, why do i have to wait, in a premium game, a 3/4 minutes download every time i want to play?????

but even worse, why Carter Dotson doesn't say anything about this in his "enthusiastic" review???
i agree that this is a hell of a game, but come on, this download oddness thing is a major issue and should cost at least one star less in the final vote imo... in a review everything must be said, even the negative stuff.

Last edited by Gwarmaxx; 04-21-2018 at 01:09 PM.
04-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Pretty sure itís a bug because I often play in airplane mode and I never had a problem.
The game does load additional data when you first start it (only once if you donít reinstall, I think itís probably hi res assets as in Leoís Fortune) but other than that....
Unless itís iCloud data for the sync.
04-21-2018, 01:39 PM
I agree with that part. In this game, the developer has to modify that part.

There are more things in heaven and earth.
04-21-2018, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lull4by View Post
I found that I have to download levels every time I open the game, even I already downloaded them before, is that a bug?
Oh my god! Definitely a deal breaker...
04-21-2018, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmaxx View Post
same thing here... i've already complained about that in the upcoming thread last week, 'cause never seen before a weirder system than this... i've bought the game anway, but now i see that the download "feature" is worse than i expected, and devs told it needed a one time download only.

what i do if the server stops working or i can't reach any wi-fi connection?
and then, why do i have to wait, in a premium game, a 3/4 minutes download every time i want to play?????
I also think this is a bug. For me any level always starts instantly. Had a single download when I started the game for the first time and that was that.

Weird issue, hope the dev takes care of it (and looking at all the bug fixes Leo‘s Fortune got - one of their other big games - there‘s little doubt they will) but definitely doesn’t affect everybody.

Last edited by Gambler; 04-21-2018 at 05:58 PM.