★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ludigames
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: IGN caught the Penguin Fever, so will you!

I enjoyed Penguin Fever. The () developer did a great job marrying a clever concept with the right theme -- penguins are still fun to look at -- to create a puzzler that's easy to recommend IGN

Help Inuk the Equimau who is drifting off on an ice float get back to his village. Every time you finish a level his icefloat gets bigger, bringing him closer to safe land. Penguin Fevers gameplay brilliantly mixes the classic game plays of dominos and puzzle but with adorable little penguins. Tip every single penguin culminating with the king to complete a stage. Inuks destiny is in your hands!

- 43 levels set in a variety of ice field environments

- 7 types of penguins with different behaviors (ie: sumo penguin bounces smaller penguins off its belly, fuzzy penguin rolls across the ice, tiny penguins split and go into two directions when tapped)

- A classic gameplay enriched with ladders, ice holes and leveled platforms designed to enhance the game strategy

- Did we mention the penguins are really cute?

Let there be Penguins!

eggzbacon's comments:

In game graphics looks better than the video:

Youtube link | Pop Up
11-04-2009, 10:38 AM
lol... The penguins do look quite cute

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

11-04-2009, 10:55 AM
So how does the game play? It does look cute but I really can't tell what the play mechanics are.
11-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Okay, give me a minute, I'll TOFTT

11-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Has the minute passed yet?
11-04-2009, 12:08 PM
cool! screenie 5 looks really awesome! Glad to hear Prab may TOFTT

Plus+ id: Fudgeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I find DG incredibly sexy, just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
You scare me, you honestly scare me
11-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Edit: Hmmm... Im finding some bugs in the game. Nothing major yet, but just disappointing: 1) pressing on a location at the map takes me to the main menu instead of the level, 2) at one of the levels, losing the level brings up the lose animation with the penguins on top of it, instead of having the animation on top of everything else on the screen.

Edit 2: Crap! This game has a serious bug on my 3GS running 3.1.2. After I quit the game and come back to continue or play a new game, I can no longer play. It just shows me one of the backgrounds but nothing to press on it. Do NOT BUY!

Sorry for the wait I had a nature call

Anyway, its a really good puzzle game. Highly recommended for people looking for something different. Let me explain:
  1. The game is basically like playing dominos, except instead of dominos you have penguins lol The goal of the game is simple: re-arrange all the penguins (you can pick them up and put them down elsewhere) then push one penguin to recursively knock down all the penguins in the level. Note that the last penguin to fall must be the king penguin. (disclaimer: not all penguins can be knocked down, more info later)
  2. When you push one penguin, it falls to the other side. If it hits another penguin, that penguin will fall and so on. So really, its like a game of dominos. The game is interesting for 2 reasons: 1) the environment forces you to think how the penguins should fall: down a stair case, off a cliff and onto another penguin, etc. 2) there are more than just 2 type of penguins (standard and king penguin). More on this later.
  3. So the game is basically figuring out which penguin to push, where to do this, how to arrange the other penguins and how to make sure that the king penguin is the last to fall.

Back to the list of penguin types:
  • normal penguin: falls on one side.
  • king penguin: must be the last to fall.
  • twin sister: these are two penguins stacked on top of each other. When a penguin falls on them, one sister falls to the left, the other sister falls to the right lol!!
  • clown penguin: this one can roll like a ball
  • Sumo: a really fat penguin that you can not push, but strangely you can still pick
    up When a penguin bumps onto him / falls on him, the incoming penguin is bounced back. Useful to work together with the clown penguin (stops the clown from rolling off of the screen)
  • ice cube penguin: can be used as a bridge. Poor guy
  • worker penguin: has a drill so he would make a hole wherever he falls
  • alien penguin: more like a penguin in an alien suit. Not sure what he does yet, but something about him flying I think

The first few levels are pretty easy but its so cute that Im loving this game Hopefully the later levels (there is supposed to be 43 levels in total) will get harder

Last edited by Prab; 11-12-2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Sorry Skyye :P
11-04-2009, 12:23 PM
must have been a long nature call . sounds cool, i might have to try it soon.

Plus+ id: Fudgeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I find DG incredibly sexy, just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
You scare me, you honestly scare me
11-04-2009, 12:28 PM
I took a shower too and only played after all the business was done

Anyway, its a great game really. The D-Pad was a little weird (hard to press correctly), but its a puzzle game, not timed, so it was forgivable for me

11-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Thanks Prab!

Game sounds good, and cute is always a plus. Guess I'll be getting it