★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: iauns
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 2.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "If you like tower defense games but want something that feels different from the rest of the crowd, Transoid can light the way." - The iphoneAppReview.com

Transoid is a new twist on the Classic Tower Defense genre that keeps you in the action with fully mobile towers and a lighting system that influences the outcome of the game.

Use one of 4 light sources to illuminate your enemies in order to help your towers destroy them. Additionally, all towers you place are fully mobile and can be moved at any time.

============================
Youtube video:
http://TinyURL.com/ykok3jl
============================

If you experience any problems, visit www.transoid.com or e-mail support@transoid.com before leaving a review. We will work with you to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Features:

* Hours of gameplay with unlockable levels.

* Tower defense with movable towers.

* Lighting that affects gameplay.

* High scores so you can compete against your friends.

* Fully interactive tutorial.
11-04-2009, 10:30 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

11-04-2009, 10:36 AM
looks quite different, in a good way. i'm going to see how many hours i can hold out before buying it...
11-04-2009, 10:42 AM
definitely looks intriguing, part of the beginning of the video seemed to show line drawing like boom brigade, but then you also have tower placement going on, too

Quote:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
11-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Jeez I have a ton of games to TOFTT. (Which is a great thing, since I was looking for my next game to purchase)

11-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Impressions

Sorry it took a while to finally get my impressions up.

So far I think it's a neat idea and somewhat similar to the gameplay aspects of Boom Brigade though with more emphasis on tower defense. So basically you're in outer space, defending your base from all kinds of threats. From asteroids to UFO's, threats come in all different shapes and sizes. So in order to defend said base you must position your defenses (defensive towers or ships). There tends to be a lack of light in space, so you must make use of your light emitting robots to illuminate the battle field.

The gameplay as I said was similar to Boom Brigade, but with space physics. You select and drop a tower onto the field, and you can move it around via line drawing. What surprised me is that once the difficulty ramps up you really need to start using your light emitting robots to be able to see around the battlefield. The physics come into play when imcoming objects hit your towers. They don't tend to stay in one place once multiple asteroids fly in. Pretty much everything can be upgraded, your towers, your base, your light emitting robot, etc. They may not look like they upgraded, but their range definitely increases.

Overall this is a neat game, and certainly unique. For $0.99 I'd say go ahead and give it a try if you're a fan of line drawing games or a TD buff.

11-04-2009, 10:18 PM
I finally took the time to finish the first level on the medium difficulty. After all of my repeated failures I finally found a strategy that works. Looking at this from a TD perspective there isn't much content (3 levels) but from a linedrawing perspective that is plenty of maps.

12-08-2009, 07:05 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Lite now available: http://toucharcade.com/link/http://p...338802080&mt=8

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
12-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Huh. Looks interesting, but it seems like the lighting effects are largely gratuitous -- there for effect, but not really contributing a great deal to the gameplay, perhaps even getting in the way. The idea of a line drawing tower defense does sound rather intriguing, but I can't really get past the Doom 3-level lighting aspect.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
12-08-2009, 08:39 PM
there's now a Lite to try

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/transoidlite/id338802080?mt=8

Quote:
Quote: