★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: YOU have been chosen to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! Embark on your own adventure in this all new RPG set in the wizarding world, years before Harry Potter received his Hogwarts letter. Explore never-before-seen rooms of Hogwarts Castle and investigate ancient mysteries. Learn powerful magic and knowledge from Professors Dumbledore, Snape, and more. Duel against your rivals and forge alliances with new friends to help you on your adventures. As part of WBIEs Portkey Games label, this groundbreaking mobile game puts you at the center of an all-new story in the wizarding world.
When your mettle is tested, what kind of witch or wizard will you be? A heroic Gryffindor? A cunning Slytherin? You decide! After all, this is your Hogwarts story.

Game Features:

Magic Spells, Potions & More
- Attend classes to learn and master magical skills like casting spells and brewing potions.
- Unlock new characters, spells, potions and locations as you advance through the years of Hogwarts.
- Customize your student avatar.

Mystery and Adventure

- Use your magical skills to investigate mysteries at Hogwarts.
- Discover the truth behind the Cursed Vaults and your brother's disappearance in an all new story.

Friendships that Matter

- Bond with your housemates to win the House Cup.
- Go on quests to help friends and fellow studentsor frustrate rivals.
- Earn respect and build relationships by adventuring together.

Please note that Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is free to download and play, however, you can purchase some in-game items with real money. If you want to limit this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device's settings.
Under our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, you must be at least 13 years of age to play or download Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. A network connection is also required.
Privacy Policy: http://www.jamcity.com/privacy/
Terms of Service: http://www.jamcity.com/terms-of-service/
Check out all the latest news & updates for Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/HPHogwartsMystery
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/HogwartsMystery
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/HPHogwartsMystery

Boardumb's comments:

04-25-2018, 08:10 PM
Was not worth waiting. Very hard to play without spending money. And with spending money it’s still hard. Gameplay is dumb: you just tap and tap and tap until energy run out. Then, after an hour of recharge, you tap again.

04-25-2018, 10:08 PM
Yup. Very disappointing, gameplay revolves around clicking and little more. Timers force you to spend money to progress at a decent rate.
04-26-2018, 12:51 AM
Don't know if this game requires top notch internet or it is unpolished, but load times are insane, and really glitchy at times, I couldn't even beat the tutorial.
04-26-2018, 01:47 AM
I have asked for my money back from Apple as total rubbish
04-26-2018, 03:39 AM
Really really dull and those timers are a joke. Disappointing.
04-26-2018, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul99 View Post
I have asked for my money back from Apple as total rubbish
I'll bite, you DL'd the FREE game and immediately were asked for money so you threw money at it THEN realized it was F2P eh?

This is going to be one of them games, you login, tap-tap-tap until your energy runs out, then walk away for a few hours.

The story is meh. Everything character-wise is locked behind gold/gems (2 unnecessary coin types).

Within 10-15 minutes of booting up, you get to experience the first "wait" in the middle of the "fight".

Decent notes, seems like there's lots of interesting things to see (eventually) and the way it's designed allows for expansion.

Overall I give it 5 meh's out of 10. Normal F2P trash that I'll dabble with before getting bored and not giving anyone a cent.

Animal Crossing ID 3107 7420 862
04-26-2018, 01:50 PM
It sure looks like Harry Potter is still popular. As soon as it came out of the official version, more than 40,000 users left the comment rating. (based on US App Store).

There are more things in heaven and earth.
04-26-2018, 02:16 PM
I'm in love with the game. I'm really sure that if the game would be paid there will the same complaints... Don't be dumb
04-26-2018, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanpass View Post
It sure looks like Harry Potter is still popular. As soon as it came out of the official version, more than 40,000 users left the comment rating. (based on US App Store).
Warner Bros can afford buying that much reviews