★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The evil Frog King and his army are trying to steal the magic mushrooms! Aim, shoot, jump, roll and fly in this amazing action-packed, old-school platform adventure and restore the forest before the trail gets cold! The Village needs your best skills to succeed! Duty calls!

Features:

- 20 levels of fast-paced action!
- Challenge a friend in the two-player Archery mini-game or play solo and test your skills!
- Unique combination of classic gameplay mechanics: Aim, shoot, jump, fly and roll!
- Cheerful and amazing graphics!
- Easy to learn, as modern endless runners!
- Hard to master, like old retro platformers, a true blast from the past!
- Epic Orchestral Soundtrack.
- Achievements and Leaderboards!

Boardumb's comments:

04-25-2018, 09:18 PM
Wow, this game looks great.

There are more things in heaven and earth.

04-25-2018, 10:27 PM
One of the most impressive of this game might be OST music.

Here you can listen to them.

It feels like enjoying adventure enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws8e...rGWopjQL58cajI

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by nyanpass; 05-01-2018 at 11:22 AM.
04-25-2018, 10:55 PM
The price of this game is $ 1.99, unlike the current Appshopper information.

Maybe it seems to be a temporary price-cutting event celebrating the launch.

04-26-2018, 12:16 AM
This is what I was writing in Oddmar's topic. Why they had to go with iOS 11 as minimum requirement of that game? Mushroom Guardian for example released yesterday and it requires iOS 6 !!!! So, almost all the people around the globe can be able to download it ! Which means more sales ! ..I don't understand..
04-26-2018, 01:54 AM
Just played through level 13, the game’s difficult curve is good, more and more game mechanics being introduced through early levels. After level 10, the game is becoming harder and harder, so even the game is short, I think it is well worth 2~3 bucks.

BTW the game supports a 2 players mini game, so you can use it as a party game.
04-26-2018, 10:39 AM
Any other impression so far? In contrast to other platform games, is it short, longer? The graphics and soundtrack is good by the way but I have not seen not a single video in youtube with long gameplay, only trailer.
04-26-2018, 11:06 AM
Hi, the app description uses two genres to describe the gameplay, endless runner and retro platformer. For those who've played this game, is it actually both or just one?

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
04-26-2018, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Hi, the app description uses two genres to describe the gameplay, endless runner and retro platformer. For those who've played this game, is it actually both or just one?
There are three modes: Adventure, Archery, and 2 player. None of these are endless. [EDIT] The Archery game mode for one player could be endless. Makes sense anyway [/EDIT]

The adventure mode is the main single player mode and it’s quite a lot of fun. It’s auto-run, left and right tap for jumping and attacking respectively. Several mechanics are sprinkled throughout, like barrel shooting (a la DK Country), and a flapping bird vehicle (no explaination needed). I haven’t finished the levels but there’s a leaderboard for collecting level stars. Kinda surprised how bare the leaderboards actually are, given that this is certainly worth the money IMO.

Nothing revolutionary but it’s funny, cute, and well executed.

Game Center: AnotherkellydwN

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 2481-8785-2021

My Instagram & Twitter

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 04-26-2018 at 03:15 PM.
04-26-2018, 04:08 PM
Game isnt bad and like the different types of levels (flying, shooting, etc.). But man is it hard to look at any game with platforming the same after playing the joy that is Oddmar. Maybe I should set this aside and play this in a few months after the greatness of Oddmar fades from memory a bit.