★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ******************************************
SPECIAL SALES AT 50% OFF!

Way Of The Samurai is a fun game of drawing lines with the finger to slash through your enemies and defeat the evil lord. In this game you are a samurai who will use both the Katana and the bow to kill enemies, take out towers, and accomplish your mission. The main game depends on how fast you are with the finger at drawing but there are some general tips that you should know about this game. In particular, how to avoid damage in the later levels. The trick is to keep your lines as precise as possible. I would also try to see as many enemies as possible before you make a strike.

Happy Fighting!

Shumby's comments:
Sale price $.99 USD

Way Of The Samurai is a fun game of drawing lines with the finger to slash through your enemies and defeat the evil lord. In this game you are a samurai who will use both the Katana and the bow to kill enemies, take out towers, and accomplish your mission. The main game depends on how fast you are with the finger at drawing but there are some general tips that you should know about this game. In particular, how to avoid damage in the later levels. The trick is to keep your lines as precise as possible. I would also try to see as many enemies as possible before you make a strike.

Happy Fighting!

11-04-2009, 12:14 PM
This is a thoroughly pointless "game" -- really an advertising for the console version.

Edit: I'm speaking about Way of the Samurai 3 game, which is free. I can't find the Way of the Samurai described here -- please post a link.

Last edited by squarezero; 11-04-2009 at 12:16 PM.

11-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Sorry - never posted a new game before. I don't know how to do pics and such.

http://appshopper.com/link/way-of-the-samurai

Does that work?

[EPIC SIGNATURE] shumby [/EPIC SIGNATURE]
11-04-2009, 12:37 PM
More like this:

Not sure why the actual application info didn't come through...
11-04-2009, 01:02 PM
I was totally confused...I thought someone had started a new thread about Samurai - Way of the Warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
I was totally confused...I thought someone had started a new thread about Samurai - Way of the Warrior.
Yeah, and I thought it was about that crappy "Way of the Samurai 3" free "game." I tried this one, and it's okay: a samurai themed Draw Slasher with more gameplay variety but less smooth graphics. Didn't grab me, even though I love the theme.
11-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Can anyone tell me if this is like the flash game Straw Hat Samurai?

Open Feint/Gamecenter: The Running Man
Plus+: TheRunningMan
Agon/Gameloft Live: The_Running_Man
Currently Enjoying: Games.
11-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Running_Man View Post
Can anyone tell me if this is like the flash game Straw Hat Samurai?
Exactly the same -- except that Way of the Samurai has the bow from SHS 3 and no map.
11-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Oh, my, GOSH!, I dont believe this actually came to the appstore!

All of you people who complain about repetitive gameplay, you can keep on moving along.
Its pointless to complain about repetitive gameplay for any game.

But for me, this is a MUST get game!

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp
11-11-2009, 08:49 PM
This game has only been out for a week and there is already an update that has gone through Apples Approval Process!

Update v1.01 - Whats New:

- Improved Performance and Various Bug Fixes

Unfortunately, I cant say that even with the update that this game is worth getting, yet.

It doesnt capture the essence of the original game and needs a few things added to it for it to be a real contender.

Right now, stick with Draw Slasher! But hopefully in the future, this will be one of the greats!

And anyone notice that the Appinfo has screenshots for Kung-Fu in it! Just wondering. Ha

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp