★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Zombie Rogue is a turn-based survival and strategy game. This zombie apocalypse roguelike to roguelite game is built for fast play and massive amounts of replay value.
Procedurally generated random levels and items mean that every time you play the game, it's a whole new experience.

WARNING:
In this game, you will die a lot, but its OK. You WILL get stronger and wiser. Trust me you can always do it better next time. Survival is all about strategy.

Scientists, workers, guards all sorts of civilian personnel worked in the secret lab until recently. A week ago, a mayday signal is received from the lab. You wake up from unconsciousness, lost your memory.

Who am I?
Where am I from?
It's time to descend into the very bottom of darkness and find out my memory.

A deadly plague virus pandemic has turned the world into a residence of evil. Fight for survival in this dead zone full of unkilled zombies. You can trust only yourself. Be careful, many of those who were unturned by the deadly plague virus will pull a dead trigger on your back.

The good news is, you are still alive.
The bad news is, YOU ARE INFECTED!

== Instructions for survivors ==
Avoid fighting a horde
Use each Antiserum wisely
Either you turn the others into zombie/human, or you die!
Accept the fact that you are infected
Throwing a melee weapon can deal a lot of damage
Choose the right camp, human or zombie, your choice!
Assemble allies to build your own team
Take advantage of your infection state
Help people/zombies to accomplish their mission

Please give us feedback to help us improve this game.

gamefish's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Zombie Rogue has unique gameplay:
Hero has human & zombie form, you have to struggle between these 2 camps to survive.
Random quests system.
It is a turn-based survival and strategy game that inspired by some classic roguelikes on mobile platforms such as Pixel Dungeon, Cardinal Quest, etc.
04-30-2018, 07:29 AM
This is a pretty interesting take on the rogue-like dungeon crawler. It gets all the basics right, but adds another layer by replacing the standard hunger mechanic with an infection meter (which makes a lot more sense than starving to death after a few minutes of gameplay). Still trying to figure it all out, but so far Im digging it.

04-30-2018, 09:37 AM
Thanks, dev. It was great to see Touch Arcade's familiar nicknames at Special Thanks.

First Impressions. There is still a stage to understand the game, but it is not bad. It is a game that you learn by dying a lot.

There are more things in heaven and earth.

Last edited by nyanpass; 04-30-2018 at 10:34 AM.
04-30-2018, 10:03 AM
Ah, I'm glad you like it! Please provide us feedback so we can improve the game!

Last edited by gamefish; 04-30-2018 at 10:06 AM.
04-30-2018, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
This is a pretty interesting take on the rogue-like dungeon crawler. It gets all the basics right, but adds another layer by replacing the standard hunger mechanic with an “infection” meter (which makes a lot more sense than starving to death after a few minutes of gameplay). Still trying to figure it all out, but so far I’m digging it.
Thank you squarezero for your feedback! If you do like it, please spend a few seconds to do a text rating in AppStore. Rating us in AppStore will help us so much!
04-30-2018, 10:09 AM
I have found the good PC ver review for this game. Check if you are interested.

https://gamefish.itch.io/zombie-rogue

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

There are more things in heaven and earth.
04-30-2018, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefish View Post
Ah, I'm glad you like it! Please provide us feedback so we can improve the game!
what a nice surprise!

this game is really good, love the art, characters (R2D2, really? ), the infection system (over the hunger one, like squarezero said previously), the level zoom system, good job on all this, pal.
04-30-2018, 11:37 AM
Ok so I took the plunge and picked it up and Im enjoying it so far.

The only thing is I cant work out what carries over after death? I checked my stats and I havent got any experience, and when I died a little robot removed some shapes from me (the ones I the top left of the ui) - but when I woke up in the lab I dont have any of those either.
04-30-2018, 11:47 AM
I like it too, and stumbled on the beta testers thanks. Lord Gek tested this, so I'm thinking it will be good.
04-30-2018, 01:59 PM
I really love this game, the new update made it a lot easier starting you out with $ and a few items. How do you get those things that you can use to buy permanent upgrades?