★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[NZ, CA, AU, S, IRL, PL, DK, NL, FIN, NOR] Space Pioneer (by Vivid Games)

05-04-2018, 03:22 AM
[NZ, CA, AU, S, IRL, PL, DK, NL, FIN, NOR] Space Pioneer (by Vivid Games)

Explore the galaxy as an intergalactic bounty hunter. Discover new planets, chart incredible worlds and exterminate any aliens that stand in your way. Use the latest hi-tech weapons and skills to crush your enemies and earn loot to unlock awesome new gear and upgrades. Lock and load!

DISCOVER NEW GALAXIES & EXPLORE INCREDIBLE WORLDS
Explore strange new worlds with your trusty robot sidekick. Make your way across fantastical planets from the icy tundra to the lush jungles brimming with flora and fauna.

ARTISTIC LOOK & FEEL
Unique art & music direction creates vivid pastel worlds you’ve never seen before.

ACTION-PACKED GAMEPLAY
To make it through hordes of aliens, you need to be a skilled, versatile hunter. Fast top-down shooting action will test your combat reflexes and tactics to the max – never let you guard down.

DYNAMIC OBJECTIVES SYSTEM
Recover stolen disks, defend probes, repair crashed craft and complete missions to earn loot and unlock awesome gear and skills. Every time you play missions have new objectives, enemies and additional challenges.

INFINITE GALAXY
The endless universe has countless hostile galaxies to conquer. Combined with dynamic objectives system, the gameplay is truly infinite in Space Pioneer.

UPGRADE YOUR WEAPONS AND SKILLS
Get even more firepower for your machine gun, shotgun, flamethrower and other firearms. Earn loot to upgrade the weapons and gear including gun turrets, rifles, blasters and mines. Unlock a number of passive and active skills to give you the fighting edge.

ANNIHILATE GIANT BOSSES
From cybernetic arachnids to venomous hornets, face-off against massive bosses, each with unique attack patterns and defensive capabilities, including reinforced shields and powerful beam blasts.

THE GALAXY IS ALIVE
Battle it out across an unlimited number of daily and weekly events for loot, upgrades and XP! There is always something to do in Space Pioneer.

BUILD YOUR OWN SPACE BASE
Customize and upgrade your base to increase your resource production and upgrade your equipment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot 1 Space Pioneer.png
Views:	28
Size:	700.7 KB
ID:	120304

Name:	Screenshot 2 Space Pioneer.png
Views:	12
Size:	678.8 KB
ID:	120305

Name:	Screenshot 3 Space Pioneer.png
Views:	15
Size:	728.7 KB
ID:	120306

Last edited by VividGames; 05-04-2018 at 05:26 AM.
05-04-2018, 03:24 AM
Space Pioneer Global Release Date

Space Pioneer, Global Release is coming on May 31 to the Apple App Store. Stay tuned!

05-04-2018, 10:08 AM
I think this game is absolutely fantastic, congratulations to the developers. The gameplay is seriously good, there's tonnes of depth, everything is super polished, I love the graphic style and the controls are great. Unfortunately (for me) I don't/won't do games that have an online requirement or freemium mechanics, so I was super sad to delete it before I got too hooked.

Others who don't mind those things are in for a treat with this one. @VividGames, if you ever release a premium version or remove the online requirement, please pm me, this is something I'd pay whatever price to 'own' outright. Good luck on the release, and I wish you all the best.
05-04-2018, 08:47 PM
What does S in the country stands for? I can't find this in US store yet.
05-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Anarchy View Post
I think this game is absolutely fantastic, congratulations to the developers. The gameplay is seriously good, there's tonnes of depth, everything is super polished, I love the graphic style and the controls are great. Unfortunately (for me) I don't/won't do games that have an online requirement or freemium mechanics, so I was super sad to delete it before I got too hooked.

Others who don't mind those things are in for a treat with this one. @VividGames, if you ever release a premium version or remove the online requirement, please pm me, this is something I'd pay whatever price to 'own' outright. Good luck on the release, and I wish you all the best.
Yes I second this as well. I'd love to purchase premium versions of these games. Haven't found too many freemium games that I stick with for more than a week or so. Almost every gaming app on my phone is a paid game.

In any case, best of luck with the game. Looks to be shaping up into something incredible.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Hero Emblems
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag NA / Fate Grand Order JPN / Arena of Valor NA: Altria
05-04-2018, 09:51 PM
This game is fantastic. I think the S is for Spain? Not sure since I grabbed the CA version. They are pretty generous and seem to constantly be throwing free stuff at you. My only small complaint is that the camera doesn’t feel great. It moves very quickly (maybe too quickly) as the player changes directions. Maybe an option to just keep the player in the center and the camera centered on the player could be added?

P.S. Bonus points for the first boss encounter on LV-426.
05-05-2018, 07:00 PM
It's such a shame and wasted opportunity that Space Pioneer does not offer an option for manual aim and full dual stick mechanics. The combat sequences lose their appeal within minutes. With a challenging and more skill-based combat system, I could have stuck around in spite of the gacha and timer overload.

Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
05-07-2018, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinoaHeartily View Post
What does S in the country stands for? I can't find this in US store yet.
Hey! S means Sweden. Global Release is coming to the app store on May 31, stay tuned!
05-07-2018, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
It's such a shame and wasted opportunity that Space Pioneer does not offer an option for manual aim and full dual stick mechanics. The combat sequences lose their appeal within minutes. With a challenging and more skill-based combat system, I could have stuck around in spite of the gacha and timer overload.
Thanks for your feedback Ayjona. I'm gonna to pass it to the dev team
05-07-2018, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
This game is fantastic. I think the S is for Spain? Not sure since I grabbed the CA version. They are pretty generous and seem to constantly be throwing free stuff at you. My only small complaint is that the camera doesn’t feel great. It moves very quickly (maybe too quickly) as the player changes directions. Maybe an option to just keep the player in the center and the camera centered on the player could be added?

P.S. Bonus points for the first boss encounter on LV-426.
Thanks Tinsel! Much appreciate it. We are still working to improve the game.