★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Steam link etc

05-10-2018, 03:04 AM
Steam link etc

I'm not sure about Steam link, never used it before. Reading the articles about this latest announcement does it mean its a 'bit' like airplay. If i have a Steam game running on my PC i can then essentially 'air play' it onto my phone and play it there ?

You have to have the game running on your PC i take it ? Its not like Steam link will run it straight onto my phone from a server etc ? Or does it ?
05-11-2018, 08:04 AM
You've probably read up through other sources on it now as there's lots out there.

You need your PC to be running and that PC and *it sounds like* your mobile device on the same WIFI network. Only then can you effectively mirror the game on to your iOS device. And good luck having the controls work.

Basically I think it's overhyped at the moment as people come to terms with the restrictions which there will be many. We'll find out in just over a week, and only then will everyone realize. Most people immediately thought it was straight up steam on your mobile device. But it's more like: PC running + wifi + the game is configured for touch type controls = only then will it maybe run ok. We shall see.