★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Dark-1
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 395.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0.5
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: Odium To the Core is a single-button, music-based challenging side-scrolling game with a beautiful but dark monochromatic art style. Guide Odium through dangerous and intense music-fueled levels to fight and stop the spreading corruption. Reach the core and save the world!

Keep the balance to avoid traps, enemies and move through narrow passages. Defeat challenging bosses and discover the story behind the corruption of Odium's world.

Key Features

Single-button control: The gameplay mechanics are extremely simple. Hold to go up, release to go down. The controls are easy to learn, but hard to master.
Music-based: Original soundtrack specifically made for each level. Feel the mix of D&B and jungle music blasting in the background.
15 Challenging levels: Avoid traps, enemies and face dangerous bosses in a fast-paced gameplay.
Nightmare mode: Try to beat the levels without any checkpoints or orbs. More traps will be lurking in the extremely narrow passages.
Unique monochromatic art style: Enjoy the views of the beautiful but dark world of Odium and discover the story in short animated cutscenes.
Discover the secrets: Find the secrets to unlock customization options.

Anotherkellydown's comments:

05-10-2018, 11:09 PM
Preorder just kicked in so I started up the thread. May not be available right this second but should be very soon. Stylish graphics and smooth gameplay, simple controls. Leaderboards for every level as well as a total points leaderboard.

You navigate Odium through winding passages by tapping to go up and releasing to go down. Found out how to spot the secrets but I wont spoil that. Seems like a really solid arcade game that I can see getting extremely difficult. Sweet tunes for each level too.

Game Center: AnotherkellydwN

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 2481-8785-2021

My Instagram & Twitter

05-11-2018, 03:03 AM
still playing the early levels but its quite challenging already. may share the same artwork style as badlands but the gameplay is different. the first boss fight is so intense and they put the checkpoint on the right spot which doesnt makes you feels like the game is so hard or too easy.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2, GRID Autosport & Many More

05-11-2018, 04:26 PM
Location: Somewhere in a town in the middle of the Amazon jungle.
I'm in

Looks pretty good in the trailer!
I'm gonna give it a go.

Impressions:

I thought it'd be more focused on the music thing (almost like a rhythm game) but it's still pretty enjoyable. Each level has goals: being reaching certain score, finding hidden secrets and gathering all the orbs.

Simple mechanics that need some getting used to in order to perform well. Music is good and the art style kinda resembles Badland games.

Last edited by sebgo; 05-12-2018 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Imps
05-12-2018, 03:10 AM
Holy cow. Just finished the first boss fight!

The opening few levels only give you a tiny taste of how cool this game starts to get. The music tracks for the opening levels are quite straightforward, the level designs are fairly static...

But then by System Spikes, Water Wall and Kernel Panic (the levels leading up to and including the first boss fight), the music starts developing in complexity, the obstacles start responding to the beats a lot more, and the world suddenly feels so beautifully hostile with everything springing to life and trying to kill you.

Sure, the opening levels might be a little dry, and I wasn’t entirely won over by them. But now this game feels like the perfect way a game should escalate - every aspect of design starts building and building, and now, a third of the way through the game, I’m totally in love.
The music rocks. The level design rocks. The artwork rocks. It’s awesome!
05-12-2018, 06:02 AM
HOLY COW! JUST FINISHED THE SECOND BOSS FIGHT!

This game is starting to reach masochistic levels of difficulty. It’s hard, but it’s not unfair (apart from a sequence at the end of ‘Ports’ which I think doesn’t quite give enough time to react).
Imagine if flappy bird were made into an actually good game.
05-12-2018, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
HOLY COW! JUST FINISHED THE SECOND BOSS FIGHT!

This game is starting to reach masochistic levels of difficulty. Its hard, but its not unfair (apart from a sequence at the end of Ports which I think doesnt quite give enough time to react).
Imagine if flappy bird were made into an actually good game.
Super impressed that youve managed to beat the 2nd boss stage! The part where you have to go though those purple things did for me; after (what seemed like) my 264th attempt I was spitting nails.
05-13-2018, 04:38 AM
Yeah, the main obstacle of the second boss (those little extending gates) is a really hard one, keep at it though! The next few levels after it calm down just a little, introduce some new gimmicks and I’m now on the level just before the final boss fight.
The level I’m on (backdoor), is AWESOME. So many cool sequences that get the adrenaline going. Looking forward to the boss fight after this!

Edit: and now on the final level. The game has turned into a beautiful cacophony of moving parts, all of which want to kill you, over and over again. Top notch, mind blowing level design.

Last edited by TheGreatEscaper; 05-13-2018 at 08:09 AM.
05-13-2018, 03:57 PM
So far my favorite level is BUGS. Such a nice flow to it. Im absolutely entranced by this game! Think I may even finish it

Game Center: AnotherkellydwN

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 2481-8785-2021

My Instagram & Twitter
05-14-2018, 09:17 AM
Yeah, BUGS is pretty nice! It’s one of the few levels on which I’ve unlocked nightmare mode, which is effectively a remixed version of the level which is much harder! I wasn’t expecting this and it basically doubles the content of the game, which is another reason to pick up this awesome, adrenaline-inducing game.

Has anyone managed to get the score requirement for DATA MINE? On a run I thought was pretty decent and we’re I collected all orbs, I was still short of 40000, and the goal is 45000...