★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 'Sushi Tycoon' is an exciting time management game.

You will manage the 'revolving sushi restaurant'.
For the limited time you should make the right dishes in time to serve customers and keep them happy.
As a owner and chef, you shoud make the best store and earn much money.

Every next level more sushi menu will be added and the more complex your sushi making will be.
You can buy upgrades to serve customers faster and make combo to earn extra money.

Easy and addictive 'Sushi Tycoon' will keep your adrenaline going.

contains
-plenty of sushi recipes to make.
-5 beautifully designed restaurants.
-lots of different customers to serve.
-lots of combo's and upgrades.
-daily mission.
11-04-2009, 05:59 PM
I am a sucker for sushi time management games, even though I can't stand to eat sushi. Go figure.

I will TOFTT and download this when I get home from work. I will post some impressions later tonight.
11-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I love TM games and look forward to all impressions of Sushi Tycoon
11-04-2009, 06:28 PM
I am looking forward to trying it. It appeals to me more than Sushi Chain because it includes upgrades for your restaurant and equipment. I should have impressions up by 10 or 11 CST.
11-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Well, after spending 30 minutes with this, I have to say I am very disappointed. The setup is almost identical to Sushi Chain and to the Youda Sushi Chef game, but things quickly go downhill. My primary criticisms are:

1. While some of the graphics are cute, most of them are severely lacking in polish.

2. The tutorial and rules, while straightforward, contain numerous misspellings and grammatical mistakes. Always a pet peeve of mine.

3. The gameplay is WAY too slow in the beginning. The conveyor belt for your sushi restaurant is incredibly slow the first few levels, so much so that you can only serve 2 or 3 customers before the time runs out.

4. When it comes time to buy more ingredients during each level, all ingredients cost a dollar. Not exactly realistic.

5. The premise of the game is also strange. You supposedly have taken out a loan to open your restaurant and you "win" the game once you earn $2,000 and upgrade every item in the restaurant to the highest upgrade level in less than 100 days. The replay value of the game is limited to trying to complete the same objective in fewer days than you did the last time you played.

Being a big fan of Youda Sushi Chef, I really wanted to like this. There are just too many problems with it.