★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sean Kearney
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 972.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: On the eve of discovering a mathematical cure for cancer, your mentor, Professor Claire Liddy, is murdered.

Fortunately, before she died, the Professor was able to erase many of the plus and minus signs with her bloody hands, saving the cure from falling into the hands of her killers.

Now it is up to you to fill back in the missing parts of the equation and resolve your professor's cure. It's up to you to cure cancer -- AGAIN!

(It's a comedy).

FEATURES

- A completely UNIQUE and ORIGINAL puzzle game!
- Puzzle gameplay that will make you feel and look SMART!
- A thrilling, 80s ACTION MOVIE-inspired storyline!
- Full motion video GREEN SCREEN cinematics! With REAL human ACTORS!
- NO mention of CANDY or CUPCAKES or sweets of any kind in the story at all!
- A variety of different puzzle types and mechanics to keep things FRESH (melting puzzles, number puzzles, and so much more)!
- A Daily Challenge Mode featuring 10 NEW puzzles EVERY DAY!
- Time Trial mode - try to beat your best time on RANDOM PUZZLES!
- Completely INDEPENDENTLY developed and published! (Support your local punk band)!

I ignored my newborn child to make this game, please ignore yours to play it!*

*Note: I worked on the game every night after my son fell asleep, there is nothing more important to me than being a father. That being said, this game is a CLOSE second. Like neck and neck, really.

Boardumb's comments:

05-16-2018, 01:33 PM
"I ignored my newborn child to make this game, please ignore yours to play it!"

Hahaha! My wife and I have our hands full with a one-month-old child! So... I should probably pick this up now, right?!

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPhone X Space Gray 256 GB
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB

05-16-2018, 01:37 PM
Between making this game and playing Mario Odyssey, it’s a wonder my son gets any attention at all!

Seriously though, I’ve been playing a lot of mobile games, especially during late night feedings and sitting next to my kid while he slowly falls asleep in his crib. iPhone gaming is truly meant for parents! congrats on the new baby, it’s really a helluva a lot of fun being a parent!

Squeezebox Software | "We make stupid games so you don't have to! "
squeezeboxsoftware@gmail.com | www.squeezeboxsoftware.com
05-16-2018, 01:38 PM
I Made This Weird Game, Ask Me Anything!

Im an open book! No question will be turned down!

05-16-2018, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatfoolsean View Post
Im an open book! No question will be turned down!
Pineapple on pizza?
05-16-2018, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Pineapple on pizza?
My wife's favorite is pineapple AND black olives on a pizza. I've learned to adapt.

And yeah, parenting has been great! It's taking quite a bit of time getting used to it though. But, I guess it'll keep changing. I'm just glad that mobile gaming is where it's at right now because it really does help! And I swear our son is really digging Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest music now.

So... how did you get your actors? Friends and family? Or did you have to hold auditions and such? (I ask as someone who has had to both hold auditions and go on auditions).

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB
05-16-2018, 05:28 PM
Ask Me Anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Pineapple on pizza?
Yeah, sure! Why not!

05-16-2018, 05:33 PM
I still haven’t gotten used to it, but it’s a blast!

As for casting, it was a mix of friends. Most of the cast was made up of people I either was (or still am) in an improv group with. The villain, however, was found on NowCasting I believe, a website for casting small projects like this. My friend Aris, who shot the cinematics, as well as the main trailer, had experience working on tv shows, and he helped me figure out the whole casting process through the site.

05-16-2018, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatfoolsean View Post
I still havent gotten used to it, but its a blast!

As for casting, it was a mix of friends. Most of the cast was made up of people I either was (or still am) in an improv group with. The villain, however, was found on NowCasting I believe, a website for casting small projects like this. My friend Aris, who shot the cinematics, as well as the main trailer, had experience working on tv shows, and he helped me figure out the whole casting process through the site.
Awesome! Yeah, NowCasting is great. Ive got a few auditions through it I think.

Now, the big question. Why the sum of zero?! Ive been having fun figuring out ways to make a zero sum with dates, especially as our due date approached for our son. I stinkin love little math problems like that. So when I saw this was releasing, I was stoked!

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB
05-16-2018, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Awesome! Yeah, NowCasting is great. Ive got a few auditions through it I think.

Now, the big question. Why the sum of zero?! Ive been having fun figuring out ways to make a zero sum with dates, especially as our due date approached for our son. I stinkin love little math problems like that. So when I saw this was releasing, I was stoked!
You're the second person to tell me that they do that with dates, I never have, but that's really clever!

I originally had the idea of adding plus and minus in between numbers to try and reach a predetermined sum that wasn't always zero. While I was building a prototype of that idea, my friend Jake Anderson (a very talented Game Designer in his own right, he's working on Exiles of Embermark right now, a mobile Action RPG) very matter of factly said, "You should just always make the numbers have to reach zero". That sounded way easier to explain, and led to the name "Zero/Sum", and then to the wackadoo story, so I never ended up even prototyping the other way, opting exclusively for this one.