★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Homo Machina is a puzzle game inspired by the work of avant-garde scientist Fritz Kahn. Set off on a crazy journey to solve the surreal puzzles of Homo Machina and learn about the internal working of the human body, represented as a gigantic 1920s factory.

In this narrative puzzle, players are plunged into an ingenious system of nerves, vessels and valves. The aim is to help the body function correctly in about thirty steps or so throughout the entire day. Each scene breaks down daily acts, such as opening your eyes, chewing a toast or listening to music, through seamless navigation and intuitive and inventive gameplay.

Fritz Kahn, a pioneer of infographics and popular science, came up with easy to understand analogies to enable people to improve their understanding of the human body. By combining old school design with a contemporary influence, Homo Machina delights with its clever dialogue between the absent-minded director at the helm of the body-machine and Josiane, his diligent secretary, encouraging players to put to task the armada of workers to get the incredible factory up and running.

After Californium, Homo Machina is the new video game created by Darjeeling production. It was edited and co-produced by ARTE, European culture digital and TV channel, and Feierabend.

Boardumb's comments:

05-16-2018, 02:18 PM
It was released a day earlier than planned. Hope their new game is well optimized.

There are more things in heaven and earth.

05-16-2018, 02:29 PM
Great game, but it’s sooo short. About an hour long
05-16-2018, 03:46 PM
Location: Somewhere in a town in the middle of the Amazon jungle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightsiderus View Post
Great game, but its sooo short. About an hour long
Some good games are fairly short (I can think of a few like Yearwalk, A Normal Lost Phone, Ridiculous Fishing (story) and that one about the greedy guy called Price (forgot the game's name)) . I was looking forward to getting this, but I spent my credit on other games! So I'll just keep an eye on it until next time.
05-16-2018, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebgo View Post
Some good games are fairly short (I can think of a few like Yearwalk, A Normal Lost Phone, Ridiculous Fishing (story) and that one about the greedy guy called Price (forgot the game's name)) . I was looking forward to getting this, but I spent my credit on other games! So I'll just keep an eye on it until next time.
Price is from DISTRAINT.
05-17-2018, 09:28 AM
Homo Machina Official Release Trailer

Hello !

As you already know, Homo Machina is now available on iOS and Android !

You can watch the Official Release Trailer:

We hope you will love our new game !
Cheers
ARTE Team

Last edited by Arte; 05-17-2018 at 11:11 AM.
05-17-2018, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arte View Post
You can watch the Official Release Trailer :
YouTube: video
Great! You did well.

Last edited by nyanpass; 05-17-2018 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Fixed to remove duplicates because original comment creator modified it properly.
05-17-2018, 10:32 PM
I just finished the game. Im very torn. I loved it a ton, but at the same time a lot of the puzzles were more annoying than challenging.

Its really strange. Art wise the game couldnt be better, it was amazing. The atmosphere was also beyond fantastic. But the gameplay, and sometimes the puzzles, were very uneven and less enjoyable than they could have been.
05-17-2018, 11:00 PM
I am delighted to be able to enjoy this wonderful game thanks to ARTE and the developers. This game is like an art movie. The game is not kind. In other words, you have to solve it yourself without any special explanation of the game. But you have to forgive if you think about the experience it gives. In some ways, this game is also educational. I had a chance to think about my body again. Sometimes it is a positive thing to see these attempts in the game. The game is short, but impressive. If the developer improves touch operation, it will be a better game.