(BETA) Mecha Royale Online

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by IllogicalGames, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    #1 IllogicalGames, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018

logo.png

MekaRoyale Online is an upcoming casual but competitive battle royale top down shooter game for IOS and Android. Unlike most battle royale genre, MekaRoyale Online pits you against other players on a smaller scale. MekaRoyale Online will be free to download on the App Store and Google Play.

[​IMG]
    battle against mechs

Upon entering a match, players will be fighting each other leaving but only one survivor. Find useful weapons scattered around the map to use against other players. Upon winning a match, player is rewarded with credits which can be used to buy a mech. Each kill rewards player with credit which then can be used to buy different parts for their mechs.

[​IMG]
    Fight against other players online

Deaths in Mecha Royale Online is permanent which means player lose everything when they die including credits and mechs. Mech is very powerful tool but is also harder to keep. Play carefully or you will lose everything.

[​IMG]
    Customize your mech

The 2nd phase of the closed beta is now live. reply with your email below or send us an email to [email protected] to enter the closed beta.

Check back for updates

DECEMBER 15, 2018 Update:

Dear Beta Testers,
    I am writing to you to let you know that the 2nd phase of beta tester program for MekaRoyale Online is now ready. You may download and test the game now. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Please do let me know if you have any questions.

Current game state

Since its still in beta, it is wise to understand that the game is currently playable on a limited functionality. The multiplayer and single player aspects are functional well. However the profile sync is not yet available. It means that the player progress will not carry over between devices and wont be saved. This includes statistics, achievements and player profile.

Bare minimum

The game is not fully developed yet therefore there will be some area feels unfinished. For example; for the single player mode, the map is reused for all missions. It is important to let you know that the released version experience will be richer.

What to test?

Everything including bugs, exploits or just comments. For example, how the game looks. How the game feels, how are the controls. How about the UI? The menus? is it good? and don't forget about balance. Is the pilot too weak, is the Meka too strong? how about the map, is it too big. Is a player at an advantage at X situation etc.

Feedback

When giving feedback be sure to include more data. For example if you stuck in a tree, tell me how you get there, what button did you pressed, where is it? is it a particular tree or all trees? how many players are there? is it an online mode or offline mode. Be specific.

Gathering time

Due to limited player count during the beta period. I Think it is better if we could schedule a gathering time. Theoretically, if everyone play the game during this time, we could simulate the game with full player. For this, I set the gathering time to be on 6:00PM, 10:00PM and 10:00AM in GMT-4 everyday. if you're inviting your friend to join the beta, please let them know about this too.

Invite your friends

The more the merrier. Don't worry about platform difference because MekaRoyale Online is cross-platform. If you're not sure which platform your friend is on, ask them to use this link on their device. And don't forget to like our FB page. we'll be giving free skins to everyone who likes the page before the game is released.

Discord channel

I've created a discord channel for testers to hangout and chat, discuss, or plan a game with each other. Join the discord channel here.

Developer and You

When I created MekaRoyale Online, I hope to create a community that bonds between the developer and players. I'd like to be that one developer who become friends with his own players. Keep that in mind that every direction MekaRoyale Online take is based on the community's interest. So please, let me know what you think.

Download now

Download the beta on Google Play Store or Apple AppStore

MEKAloadingSmall.png

2. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Please forgive the AI in the youtube video. we had to code a simple AI just to simulate the game concept for the youtube trailer. once the beta is live, we will use real human players to simulate the game.

3. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    [​IMG]

we just done animating marine-to-mech animation. what do you think?

Cooper04 likes this.
  4. KhalifaX

KhalifaX New Member

May 15, 2018
  5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
  6. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    mech is a powerful tool, but player could lose their mech if they die. We wanted players to be able to keep their mechs. but to be the last survivor in a battle royale game is very hard. mech players should have a chance to keep his mech for the next battle.

while at the same time, we also dont want the mech to be too powerful so that the mech owners could dominate the battlefield everytime they play. we wanted marines to have a fighting chance and become the next mech owner themselves.

therefore we need to find a perfect balance so mech is not too powerful or too fragile to a point where owning a mech means nothing.

7. WakenBake

WakenBake Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
  8. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Looks good and sounds like fun.

I’ll try it out when the time comes if I may:

[email protected]

9. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    we're currently in a process of map editing and game balancing. just a little bit more till we can start testing the game. hopefully we can get enough players signed up for the beta by the time we're ready.

10. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    #10 IllogicalGames, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    [​IMG]

lots of skin to chose from.

11. DMarT

DMarT Member

Apr 5, 2017
    Please send me an invite @ [email protected] this game looks great, my kind of game!

12. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi guys,
    Thank you for signing up for the beta. however we need more players to test the game.

in the meantime, here is the progress with the level creation. let us know what you think.

p/s: ever since this new toucharcade layout, some of the giphy links in this thread is missing with an "x" sign. did anyone saw that? when i edit the post, i can see the gif just fine, but it wont show up in the thread when i press submit. im not sure whether it is just me or its affecting everyone else. i tried clearing my cache but the giphy still wont show up. can anyone confirm this?

i tried contacting the mods but they havent replied yet. not sure what happened.

13. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    map.png
    done with the map. we mix some industrial building hopefully to get the scifi feel into the forest map.

Cooper04 likes this.
  14. Eiron Mendoza

Eiron Mendoza Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Male
  15. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    [​IMG]
    See ya around!

16. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    [​IMG]
    mecha royale online :D

17. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    its happening again. my giphy is not displaying. anyone know why this keeps happening? i tried reuploading with different setting, duration, color, size, frame rate, all variation still dont display in this thread.

Cooper04 likes this.
  18. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    we need more testers before we can launch the closed beta. please reply with your email or send an email to [email protected]

Cooper04 likes this.
  19. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    [email protected] Count me in