★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Jump-O-Mania 3D! Unique powerbocking game

11-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Jump-O-Mania 3D! Unique powerbocking game

Introducing Jump-O-Mania a new game from Digital Worlds, creators of Strongholds and Gold Keeper!

Jump-O-Mania is a dynamic game with amazing 3D graphics, great animation and very addictive gameplay.
Introducing Jump-O-Mania a new game from Digital Worlds, creators of Strongholds and Gold Keeper

Jump-O-Mania is a dynamic game with amazing 3D graphics, great animation and very addictive gameplay.

it is the world's first first Powerbocking simulator ever! Powerbocking is a new extreme sport which combines jumping and running with elastic-like spring-loaded stilts (also called Powerisers, Powerskips, Jolly-jumpers etc.) and is very similar to parkour.

Control your jumps with the help of accelerometers and buttons, overcome all obstacles on your way to unlock new levels, new attire and protective gear and to get all achievements!

Jump-O-Mania is an extreme sport induced with adrenaline and stunning acrobatics! Become the best, challenge the whole world!

Game features:

- amazing 3D graphics
- two characters
- great ragdoll animation
- 4 unique levels, from easiest to hardest one
- levels and obstacles are generated randomly at each new start of the game providing inimitable gameplay
- action of the game takes place in several countries of the world and thus each level has its unique design
- two game modes - time trial and survival
- large number of unlocks and achievements
- online multilevel table of records which registers each of your achievements
- option to chose your character and change clothers using unlocked attire
- well-developed system of statistics
- possibility to listen to your own music during the game
------------

AppStore link

GAMEPLAY VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ax2wI86NZg
11-05-2009, 01:22 AM
Looks interesting, at 2.99 though I'll wait for some impressions. Or a lite version.

11-05-2009, 01:26 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch
11-05-2009, 02:20 AM
that's one fine looking game there. it looks like a decent amount of work went into this. i too would like to check out a lite since i've already gone on an app purchasing spree, but it definitely looks good. loved the outtakes at the end of the video too
11-05-2009, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoctors View Post
that's one fine looking game there. it looks like a decent amount of work went into this. i too would like to check out a lite since i've already gone on an app purchasing spree, but it definitely looks good. loved the outtakes at the end of the video too
Lite version was rejected by Apple and will be released only in late December.
11-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenebal View Post
Lite version was rejected by Apple and will be released only in late December.
oh man that's a blower
11-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Booh, i really wanna try the lite verson.

Game Center ID: Vragal
Twitter
11-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicente.ramirezch View Post
Booh, i really wanna try the lite verson.
Lite version will be available next month.
11-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenebal View Post
Lite version will be available next month.
This is what I wrote on the closed thread about this game:

Quote:
I gave in. In answer to LordGek's question, there are four different locations, but the obstacle are randomized in each. In a way, this is a very fancy (and slower) version of Run and Cannabalt, with a bit of a extreme-sports gloss, unlockable gear, and ragdoll physics. It actually isn't bad, though the jump mechanism allows you to turn a step into a leap in middair -- not very realistic. The graphics are actually pretty impressive, with very smooth animation, detailed backgrounds, etc. I have yet to finish the first course -- fallen flat on my face a few times. All in all, not bad.
Now I'm on the fourth location after the tutorial, and I have to say that the game is better than I originally thought. There are a few rough spots, sure, but the courses get more and more challenging and interesting (in fact, the game turns into a bit of a platformer), and pulling off "tricks" gets to be a lot of fun.

Definitely one that grows on you.
11-07-2009, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
This is what I wrote on the closed thread about this game:

Now I'm on the fourth location after the tutorial, and I have to say that the game is better than I originally thought. There are a few rough spots, sure, but the courses get more and more challenging and interesting (in fact, the game turns into a bit of a platformer), and pulling off "tricks" gets to be a lot of fun.

Definitely one that grows on you.

Thanks! Can you please write some words in AppStore, we need more reviews and stars =)