★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Problems finding games from my phone.

01-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Problems finding games from my phone.

Is anyone else having problems finding new games in the app store from your phone? I have been looking for crayon physics and SPiN Lite since they came out. I have searched by developer and every other combination of titles. I can find the full SPiN game, but not the lite. Nor can I find any of the other new releases. I have reset my phone too, so I am a little confused as I have about $50 in iTunes gift cards ready to be spent.

My cat chewed through my laptop power cable, so I am currently without access to my iTunes on my computer or I would transfer them that way.

Anybody having these issues or know what I should do?
01-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers30cocks0 View Post
Is anyone else having problems finding new games in the app store from your phone? I have been looking for crayon physics and SPiN Lite since they came out. I have searched by developer and every other combination of titles. I can find the full SPiN game, but not the lite. Nor can I find any of the other new releases. I have reset my phone too, so I am a little confused as I have about $50 in iTunes gift cards ready to be spent.

My cat chewed through my laptop power cable, so I am currently without access to my iTunes on my computer or I would transfer them that way.

Anybody having these issues or know what I should do?
new apps dont show as fast on your phone or even the desktop itunes. only shows up through links...

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **

01-01-2009, 10:15 PM
I know, but I was able to pull Sim City, Rolando, HOS, and several others on the day of release. Maybe it has something to do with the holidays. Are they showing up on your phone app store? Thanks
01-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Ive been having the same problem - its been over 24 hours and new ones still arent showing up in searches. The same thing is happening in iTunes as well, the only way i've been able to access new apps is by searching for the developer... for example, in iTunes do a search for Crayon Physics. The only apps that show up are Touch Physics and something called Note and Sketch. Try doing a search for Hudson, same thing Crayon Physics doesnt show up. However, if you click on the arrow nex to Hudson in the Artist column, it shows all of the apps that Hudson makes, including Crayon Physics - This is the case with all of the new apps since the store came back online after the holidays.
01-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers30cocks0 View Post
I know, but I was able to pull Sim City, Rolando, HOS, and several others on the day of release. Maybe it has something to do with the holidays. Are they showing up on your phone app store? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecebn View Post
Ive been having the same problem - its been over 24 hours new ones still arent showing up in searches. The same thing is happening in iTunes as well, the only way i've been able to access new apps is by searching for the developer... for example, in iTunes do a search for Crayon Physics. The only apps that show up are Touch Physics and something called Note and Sketch. Try doing a search for Hudson, same thing Crayon Physics doesnt show up. However, if you click on the arrow nex to Hudson in the Artist column, it shows all of the apps that Hudson makes, including Crayon Physics - This is the case with all of the new apps since the store came back online.
both of you trust me please and this is common knowledge around here.

there is NO problem. the stores are just behind the actual release time through links.

there are reasons why SIM CITY showed up right away. most likely because it has been submitted a few days before actual availability or simply because of the EA vs my good ol friend FRAND (SPin Dev)

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
01-01-2009, 10:23 PM
I realize there is a delay, but it has never been this long of a delay before
01-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Been coming on here since day 1, and the delay is longer than normal. I know what is common knowledge around here.

Thanks