★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: CYEARS ShootingSimulator [Now Free for 2 Days]

11-05-2009, 08:39 AM
CYEARS ShootingSimulator [Now Free for 2 Days]

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=335748203&mt=8

It looks like Space Ninja with a Front Mission look to it. Has anyone tried this game?

Here is the website:http://iphone.imjmobile.co.jp/cyears/index.html

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
11-05-2009, 08:54 AM

11-05-2009, 08:57 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-05-2009, 08:59 AM
looks great~~~why not make a price drop?
11-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Okay since no one was going to try this game I decided to TOFTT. All I can say is WOW! This game needs attention! I'll try to explain the game the best I can:

Basically you are in a simulator that puts you in a situation in which you ran out of ammo, and you need to survive! The game gives a small introduction and has you create an online ID.

The game plays like Space Ninja where you just have to dodge, however there is tons of depth added. The game contains 7 Stages and each stage has 10 missions... not enough content you say? Well just to rock your world each mission has 6 sub-missions (You do the math). Each sub-mission has an objective such as a time limit or going through check points.

If all that still isn't enough content there is a time trial which is basically an endless mode. Also, from what I can see there are 21 different ships to unlock.

After completing a mission you can also save replays to watch them again to show others your awesomeness

The graphics are beautiful. Nicely animated sprites running at a smooth frame rate on my 2nd gen touch. The character art is also really good and reminds me of Front mission.
The controls are very nice. There are tilt controls (Yes with calibration to suit your position) and there are touch controls (which are also very responsive).

And if you are picky like me... yes the music is very good as well. Some of the songs are short and loop, but it's not annoying and fits the mood of the game.

Does this game sound too good to be true? Well all I can say is that the only downsides I found was that the translation isn't "perfect" but it isn't bad either; it's completely understandable. One issue that kind of irritates me, is that I can't change the orientation of the screen, but that is something that can be fixed on an update. Another thing that might be a downside for a few people is that its very challenging, but that's exactly what I love about it

If you enjoy Space Ninja this is a must buy. It has that "Just one more try" feel to it. I normally don't write much about a game that I try out, but this game is sooo good; I would hate to see it disappear from these forums. $2.99 is a perfect price for this title, so please pick it up and support the developer!

Plus+ ID= Maythius

11-05-2009, 04:19 PM
I forgot to mention. You don't have a set number of lives; everything goes by the damage your ship takes. For example, your right wing could get hit by a missile and you'll just take some damage, but if you got hit by the missile head on then your dead.

And each mission has letter rankings, so if you do everything perfect you'll get an S Rank.

Plus+ ID= Maythius

11-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adot777 View Post
looks great~~~why not make a price drop?
If you think it looks great, why not just buy it?

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
11-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Looks really nice. Going to pick it up now!
11-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Ok have played the first 6 or 7 missions. Really nice game great idea. I like the varity in the missions looks like it has loads too it as well.

Looks great but does stutter in places I think. Not during gameplay though so suppose it don't really matter.

But, in my eyes the tilt controls don't work very well. Firstly you cant calibrate from in the game so you have to sit in one position to play it. Ok the missions are short but it would be nice to have option in the game or to even auto calibrate at the start of each mission. They also seem to stick some times or even go in the opposite direction that I am tilting.
11-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Guys I'm popping in again to give some bad news and good news!

The bad news:This game was a little misleading with the content. I just found out that the additional stages in the game cost 0.99 cents. It took me a week to clear the 1st stage on mission mode so when I finally moved on to Stage 2 it asked me to purchase it, but because I enjoy this game so much I bought the stage, which again: comes with 10 missions and with sub-missions.

The good newsLet's say you don't want to buy additional stages, but you want your money's worth. I was finally able to try trial mode, and it exceeded my expectations! I originally thought it was one endless level with online rankings. I was wrong... Its actually endless mode for every mission you play. So in addition to have the 10 missions in Mission mode, you get the 10 missions in time trial mode with all the online rankings.

I personally am still very happy with the purchase.

P.S. I should Have a review posted in the user review thread in a few hours!

Plus+ ID= Maythius