★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Alien Strike - an exciting copter shooter out with some promo codes!

11-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Alien Strike - an exciting copter shooter out with some promo codes!

Alien Strike is an addictive copter shooter game where you control a UFO against the futuristic Earth.
Developer: RedCrystal Studios
Price: 0.99

YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv93ALLe328
More about Alien Strike: http://www.redcrystalstudios.com/iPhone_development.php

You are surrounded by randomly generated terrain, various types of enemy aircrafts, houses, factories and airports. Each game provides a unique experience.

Apart from having stunning 2D graphics and a nice soundtrack, Alien Strike is a lot of fun. Are you stuck waiting for a train? Are you bored in school or your office? There is no better way of releasing your boredom and stress than taking your flying saucer in the air and destroying some humans!

Alien Strike also offers a Total Destruction mode ideal for training or when you just want to shoot madly while you fly through the world unharmed. The game settings are real-time - no more of switching off your current game when you want to change your saucer colour or the interface look!

Try Alien Strike today for free using one the following promo codes:
FY4EKXM47MTM, FM6M7YK69L96, LW6PNTHHKKJN, L6XRX7JJ49TN, XLPF4NYP6WFM, RNTY6PAL3676, JNMM9W7AH97W, WNM73KRNNMRL, Y33KFLNAFJFM

The promo codes will expire on 3rd December 09.
11-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrystal View Post
The promo codes will expire on 3rd December 09.
OK. I did not take a code but I found this really funny. He probably doesnt know how fast these codes are grabbed here. I bet they wont last even 3 minutes here

11-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Grabbed JNMM9W7AH97W, thanks. Looks really cool. I'll let you know what I think, and leave an iTunes review.

@imnosuperman: so true, I thought that too.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
11-05-2009, 03:28 PM
too much effort, and i know they'll be gone by the time i type it into my phone... oh well, enjoy!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
11-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Used L6XRX7JJ49TN

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
too much effort, and i know they'll be gone by the time i type it into my phone... oh well, enjoy!
That's what copy and paste are for!

I have managed to snag a few codes on my iPod Touch, but it is a tedious process...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-05-2009, 03:31 PM
I took WNM73KRNNMRL. Thanks! The game looks great!
11-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Well we hope the codes will get picked up quickly. You are all very welcome to send us reviews on iTunes.
11-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Used L6XRX7JJ49TN

Thanks!

That's what copy and paste are for!

I have managed to snag a few codes on my iPod Touch, but it is a tedious process...

very true, but i'm on the work comp now, and no iTunes haha

PS Welcome to TA RedCrystal!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
11-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
very true, but i'm on the work comp now, and no iTunes haha
No I mean on your iPhone / iPod Touch!

Tedious:

1) Zoom in a bit
2) Tap-hold
3) Put the magnifying glass on a code
4) let go and tap Copy
5) Launch the App Store
6) Click Featured
7) Scroll to the very bottom and tap Redeem
8) Tap in the box to bring up the keyboard
9) Tap-hold to bring up the hourglass
10) Let go and tap Paste
11) Tap Redeem
(if the code isn't used by now)
12) Tap Continue
13) Type your iTunes password, tap OK

The redeem screen will stay up if you got the "code has been redeemed" you can close it, run back to Safari, copy a different code, and try again...

Usually only works if there are a lot of codes, or noone is paying attention.

I can't believe I typed all that out. Too much caffeine I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-13-2009, 04:22 PM
K, well I got a promo for this game so I thought I'd give my thoughts on it. Thanks to the dev for posting promo codes.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend this game in it's current state. I'm going to just call it "broken". It's a shame, too, cause I really like the game otherwise. It's basically a copter game/horizontal shooter hybrid. Really great concept on paper. The graphics are cute, not amazing but clean and colorful. And the levels are randomly generated, so you play a different layout every time. Everything sounds good in theory but then the controls just fail miserably. Basically, you touch the right side of the screen to raise you up, and when you're not touching the screen you gradually fall, like any other copter game. Then you have a little control stick type thing in the left corner, which is supposed to be used for shooting and dropping bombs. The control stick isn't very responsive to my taps, and I found it hard to get shots off when I wanted. Plus you swipe that same control stick in a downward motion to drop bombs, and this doesn't work too well either. But the ultimate fail of the controls is that it doesn't appear that you can multi-touch. So you can't be controlling your vertical height and shooting at the same time. This isn't fun. Trying to jump back and forth between shooting and controlling your ship is just an exercise in frustration. I can't even make it 10 seconds in this game without dying due to the controls. It's too bad because I want to like the game, it seems fun.

If the dev can fix the control issues by allowing you to shoot and control your ship at the same time, it would do wonders for this little indie game. I'd also like to see the tap response tightened up, more often than not it doesn't register your taps correctly. Also, you can probably do away with the little control stick tucked away in the left corner. Just make it so you can touch anywhere on the left side of the screen to shoot, and swipe downward to drop bombs. There's some issues with your ship and the collision detection of the terrain too, but I'm not even going to worry about that since so far the controls make the game just about unplayable. If you can fix the control issues first, then we can worry about polishing up some of the other rough edges. Good effort and nice concept, but flawed execution makes this a game to avoid in it's current state.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA