★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Gravity Sling is out - Free with In App Purchase

11-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Gravity Sling is out - Free with In App Purchase

Our first game Gravity Sling has just been approved and you can get it now:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=336233522&mt=8

This is an inertia based puzzle game where you need to sling the astronaut back to the space shuttle by using the gravity of nearby planets. You get a better score the longer path you take, so oftentimes you can beat a level easily, but it's much more challenging to get a high score.

This game is a free app download, which gives you the first 15 levels. If you enjoy it you can purchase the next 30 for a $.99 in app purchase.

We do have future updates planned with more levels, new gameplay mechanics (moving planets!) and hopefully even opening up our in app level editor for everyone to use. We're also working on porting this to the Palm Pre platform (in case any of you care about that . If you have any thoughts, questions, comments, etc. post them here and we'll do our best to respond to them, and hopefully incorporate your feedback into the next update. Also, don't forget to write a review in iTunes too!

Here's the trailer if you're still not sure it's worth downloading.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Thanks and enjoy!

Brian Robbins
Founder, Riptide Games, developers of Ultimate Battle Zombies, My Pet Zombie, Mini Monster Smash, iLookApps, Bop It! and more.
11-05-2009, 05:54 PM

11-05-2009, 06:17 PM
This is a fun, well made game. I am really enjoying it so far. Thanks.
11-05-2009, 06:29 PM
i like the concept, and i will give it a go, what worries me is: how long are you sitting there, whilst it makes a design in order to get to your destination
11-05-2009, 06:31 PM
I have no WiFi for my iPod Touch.
How do I "purchase from within app"

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
11-05-2009, 06:35 PM
mek - So far most seem to just be no more 15 seconds or so, but if you shoot it just right in some levels it could keep going for a minute or more.
11-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhjyh View Post
I think the only way is finding a wifi connection somewhere.
11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhjyh View Post
You have to go somewhere where there is wifi, get connected, then buy the content.

If you don't know where to get free wifi, try leaving your device on the wifi selection menu while you drive/ride/walk to work/school/etc. Lots of hotels/restaurants/malls/residences have open wifi spots. Most public wifi won't let you do anything until you agree to a form though - so after you connect in the wifi settings, open Safari and try to browse the web before loading the app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Woot! Glad you got this out! Nice to see another 360iDev GameJam out already. I remember this was already awesome in the 24-hour prototype phase, so can't wait to try it out.

Free with in-app purchase is an interesting choice. Hope that works out as well for you as it did for ngmoco
11-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
You have to go somewhere where there is wifi, get connected, then buy the content.

If you don't know where to get free wifi, try leaving your device on the wifi selection menu while you drive/ride/walk to work/school/etc. Lots of hotels/restaurants/malls/residences have open wifi spots. Most public wifi won't let you do anything until you agree to a form though - so after you connect in the wifi settings, open Safari and try to browse the web before loading the app.
I know that But I prefer to purchase games from iTunes Store via my PC.
So I think that Apple must figure out a way to "purchase from within app" in Tunes Store.
It's just like purchasing any other app-upgrade, so it must be pretty easy to handle.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!