★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Blip Arcade - 3 players at once! Released today ($0.99)

11-05-2009, 06:23 PM
#1
Blip Arcade - 3 players at once! Released today ($0.99)

Hey guys,

My new game is out. It's a little bit niche... it's designed around the concept of getting three (four is also supported but a little shaky due to hardware issues) players to reasonably participate in multiplayer arcade games on the same device.

Featuring chiptunes and three retro-tastic mini-games.


Youtube link | Pop Up


Game info and screenshots

Direct iTunes link

Hit me up with any comments or suggestions!
11-05-2009, 06:24 PM
#2


11-05-2009, 10:50 PM
#3
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: In a van...down by the river!
Posts: 480
This looks pretty good. I like the retro graphics and sound.
11-06-2009, 12:03 AM
#4
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,166
Why not just have BT or wifi support for those who have multiple devices. I can not stand to play on the same device as someone else, let alone 2 people. It's too crowded.

Last edited by cranker; 11-06-2009 at 12:16 AM.
11-06-2009, 12:15 AM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Why not just have BT or wifi support for those who have multiple devices. I can not stand to play on the same device a someone else, let alone 2 people. It's too crowded.
A lot of games have wifi play, but very few are designed to allow three on the same device. (This wouldn't work well with most game types...)

So this is really for those cases when everyone in the room doesn't have have an iPhone, or don't all own the same game.

An example of usage would be you can instantly keep three kids busy while you're waiting in line at Target. (Some of the games have a Kid mode so even younger players can do it)
11-06-2009, 12:18 AM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth A Robinson View Post
A lot of games have wifi play, but very few are designed to allow three on the same device. (This wouldn't work well with most game types...)

So this is really for those cases when everyone in the room doesn't have have an iPhone, or don't all own the same game.

An example of usage would be you can instantly keep three kids busy while you're waiting in line at Target. (Some of the games have a Kid mode so even younger players can do it)
I agree but why not have BT or Wifi for those who do have multiple devices? maybe too much programming for the return ?
11-06-2009, 12:24 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
I agree but why not have BT or Wifi for those who do have multiple devices? maybe too much programming for the return ?
Yep, that's exactly it. It'd be nice but my hunch is it would be used by only a few people not making it worth it. I could be wrong though...