★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Re-Volt

01-02-2009, 03:26 AM
Re-Volt

I got this message from IUGOME a couple weeks ago and I forgot about it. I asked if there was any news on Re-Volt and this is the response I got:

"Re-Volt is still in IUGO's plans, but I honestly don't know when. Re-Volt will be a VERY big investment for IUGO and as the app store stands right now, it would be quite hard for it to be a success.

We want to see what Apple does with the app store and if they figure out how to make discovery for the user a lot easier and more useful. The whole team is so amped to do Re-Volt, we just want to make sure it is the right time."

I've been waiting for this one since I got my iPhone and I know others have been too.

http://toucharcade.com/2008/05/29/re...phone-shooter/

Last edited by NotYou; 01-02-2009 at 03:29 AM.
01-02-2009, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the info.

01-02-2009, 04:21 AM
yes, thanks. Also, read my sig

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
01-02-2009, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
I got this message from IUGOME a couple weeks ago and I forgot about it. I asked if there was any news on Re-Volt and this is the response I got:

"Re-Volt is still in IUGO's plans, but I honestly don't know when. Re-Volt will be a VERY big investment for IUGO and as the app store stands right now, it would be quite hard for it to be a success.

We want to see what Apple does with the app store and if they figure out how to make discovery for the user a lot easier and more useful. The whole team is so amped to do Re-Volt, we just want to make sure it is the right time."

I've been waiting for this one since I got my iPhone and I know others have been too.

http://toucharcade.com/2008/05/29/re...phone-shooter/
I did ask in the forum before about Re-volt but none seems to know anything!

Well, now, we know why it's still not out yet. I guess, no wonder nobody want to do an FPS for the iPhone. But, I think a premium price $9.99 would at least bring back profits right? In the long run?

A good sword remain inside its sheath
A good M16 remain in safe mode
God! So, many games n so little money!!
01-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I think i see their POV. Take a hard look at the top25 now. There really isn't any $9.99 premium games on there (at the time of this posting). The game is also not a "Big Brand" like Crash or SMB (with the huge amount of Apple marketing). Even Gameloft's very good premium games couldn't hold down a top25 spot for long. The top is crowded with cheaper, mostly with lesser production values/costs, games. So for them to sink the money to develop the game and try to sell it at $9.99 could be sucidal...
02-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monk666 View Post
I think i see their POV. Take a hard look at the top25 now. There really isn't any $9.99 premium games on there (at the time of this posting). The game is also not a "Big Brand" like Crash or SMB (with the huge amount of Apple marketing). Even Gameloft's very good premium games couldn't hold down a top25 spot for long. The top is crowded with cheaper, mostly with lesser production values/costs, games. So for them to sink the money to develop the game and try to sell it at $9.99 could be sucidal...
What you fail to realize is that the top 25 is classified by the amount of purchases and not the amount of money made. An app could make a huge profit and not be there.
02-09-2009, 01:09 AM
You know what this is! It's reference to the $19.99 game section! Apple must have contacted noteworthy developers ahead of time (EA, IUGO, IG Fun) so they could delay and ready their high-end titles for the new premium category! Genius :P!!!

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
its not coming out YET
09-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Hooray for pointless bumps!

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ