★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Boozle - a game designed by a dazed designer! [Now FREE]

11-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Boozle - a game designed by a dazed designer! [Now FREE]

Designed by dazed designer.
Developed at a frat party.
Inspired by alcohol and junk food.

Boozle.

Vivid Games delightfully announces, that Boozle - a match-3 tribute to pizza and booze – is now available for the iPhone. Based on a crazy idea: eat and drink as much as you wish, just hold the balance between gorging on food and drowning in drink. If you fail, and you will fail sooner or later, you will puke. That’s just the way it is!
Game features:
- The most popular gameplay mechanism meets the best party ever.
- Keep the balance mechanism for ultra-dynamic and fun experience.
- Crazy party atmosphere with great punk rock OST.
- Facebook support: tell your friends how much you can drink.
- Media library functionality so you can hear your favorite tracks during the party.
Boozle – it’s like crazy party in your iPhone, without the smell.

Last edited by VividGames; 11-06-2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: No link added
11-06-2009, 01:48 PM

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch

11-06-2009, 03:04 PM
great game...sit at the office..hungry as a wolf..and eat-eat-eat-eat imaginary food! )))
11-06-2009, 05:11 PM
A weird concept to be sure, I can't wait to get home tonight and see if it works.

If not clear already by the game's description, and having not played it this is just what I think is implied, is that you'll be playing something kind of like yet another Bejeweled match 3 clone but with a wacky twist. All of the items on the grid represent either greasy junk food or booze and it is your job, while clearing these matched sets, to ensure the balance is never too disrupted. Whereas in most match 3 games a huge cascade would be great, in this game it is just as likely to trigger some catastrophic results (unless somehow, even in the chaos of the cascade you managed to keep the balance more or less).

I think the concept sounds pretty cool. Sure lots of match 3 games have had the concept of good pieces to match and bad pieces to avoid matching, but in this case it is all about finding a balance and the type of pieces you NEED to match at this moment may become the very ones you must avoid a turn later.

So do the different foods and boozes have different values? Like will a set of fries count more than a set of pizza slices?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 11-06-2009 at 05:13 PM.
11-06-2009, 05:30 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-07-2009, 04:19 PM
I partied like it's 1999!

Hey Gang,

This game is a true "Survival Bejeweled"! Don't expect your game to last at best more than a few minutes (well, as most of it is technically untimed, I guess if you only make a single move a minute you could stretch it out indefinitely)!

It starts off simple enough, your stomach at perfect balance between booze and greasy food but you just had to mess with that balance didn't you? Every food match will tip the scales toward gorged and every booze match will tip the scale toward drowning in booze. As long as you keep these two forces in check you can booze it up and fill your face without concern. With every match made you'll move up your score multiplier making your next scored set worth even more! What's cooler, is unlike most games of this type this combo multiplier only climbs and will never time out BUT as this multiplier climbs every match you make will weigh in that much more in your churning stomach (that initial burger set doesn't hit you as hard as that later x7 burger set) making it that much harder to keep the balance. While the game isn't timed, there is a bit of a delay between easting/drinking a set and it weighing fully in on your stomach so, if you want to last in this game you'll need to move quickly drinking something quick before those burgers you just ate in the last move fully registers in your stomach! You'll continue to ride this heaving see-saw until you finally mis-step and let the meter reach either end of the spectrum at which point the game ends and your screen is covered in a wave of green vomit. The game even throws in a few power-ups that will either delete all instances of a particular food/booze item (careful, you are ingesting these items to their full effect so make sure you choose wisely when using this power-up), bring your stomach back to perfect balance, or even allow you to party down for 15 seconds without having to worry about ANYTHING affecting your stomach's balance!

I'm loving how this game really plays with your mind as using your usual Bejeweled instincts to go for big combos and such, while also netting you big points in this game, might end up screwing up the careful balancing needed in this game.

My iTunes Reviews
11-07-2009, 05:25 PM
now that definitely sounds intriguing...making you choose between hi scoring and maintaining a balance

Quote:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
11-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
now that definitely sounds intriguing...making you choose between hi scoring and maintaining a balance
Yeps!

Also cascades, your favorite event in most match 3's, makes you nervous as all heck since every element is going to tilt stuff one way or the other...you need to be ready to follow up on the right side of the end balance!

My iTunes Reviews
11-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks LordGek, you made buy yet another game!

PROS

- match-3 with a balance to keep
- you don’t have to wait the result of your previous move to affect the balance (very dynamic)
- good production: graphics, animations and some sounds

CONS

- no online integration (I’d love to see e.g. OpenFeint)
- the “Hey” sound is too annoying and repetitive along the game
- you have to write your name every time you achieve a high score

All in all a good, good pick up and play!

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
11-13-2009, 08:06 PM
FREE for the weekend!!!

Quote:
Quote: