★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: WW2 Beachhead - New Game by Sunstorm Interactive is out!

11-06-2009, 10:56 AM
WW2 Beachhead - New Game by Sunstorm Interactive is out!

Dear TouchArcadians,

I'm excited to announce our second iPhone and iPod Touch game – WW2 Beachhead! It is a fast-action arcade game with amazing graphics and dynamic war-time sound effects in which players have to defend their position against overwhelming enemies. The game is already available on the Apple App Store at a special introductory 50% discount ($0.99)!

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=337689611&mt=8

YouTube: video

Youtube link | Pop Up

Here are some screen shots:

Hope you'll appreciate WW2 Beachhead as much as our first game - Real Deer Hunting. Looking forward for your reviews, comments and suggestions!

Last edited by anthony_sunstorm; 11-09-2009 at 03:06 PM.
11-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Your first iPhone game - Real Deer Hunting is already a hit - I'm adding this game to my personal watch list

11-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Give it a try

I wanted to take a minute to post about WW2 Beachhead. We've put some extensive time and testing into WW2 Beachhead and created very challenging game. You'll need to practice and learn what enemies to take out in what order and with what weapon! Shoot parachutes dropping supplies for more ammunition and health points. If you enjoy military games, shooting games, or fast action strategy games, this is going to be FUN for you.
And at $0.99, you can't go wrong.

Enjoy the game and let us know what we can do to make t0 even better.

Anthony
11-07-2009, 02:02 AM
I got this earlier today and really like it. I made it to the third level on the third beach before getting wasted by tanks. It's cool being able to switch from the regular turret to rpg artillery shells to take tanks out and you have to conserve that ammo and make your switch to that at the right time. Makes for fun gameplay. I do wish you had the option of continuing from the beginning of the beach you were on if you get killed rather than start over from the first area, but still it is a very fun game as is. Controls work well except occasionally when moving quickly to the right the aim would shoot straight to the right top corner by itself. Other than that it's a good game with a fairly high difficulty worthy of the .99 price...
11-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Cute game!!! Spent all my lectures trying to reach the 3d level. Pretty hard! But so exciting! Those tanks backed by airstrike made my adrenalin level sky-high. Pity, couldn`t manage to shoot all the bonuses…Will continue to train my reflexes
11-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Thank you for another great game. I liked Real Deer Hunting and I
like this. It's very tough, still I can't put it aside. And that speaks well for the Beachhead as I get tired of most iPhone games very quickly.
11-09-2009, 10:01 AM
It's funny how a few decades after thousands of US soldiers lost their lives and friends you can make a game about it playing on the opposite side and call it "cute"
11-09-2009, 11:59 AM
My, my. This has invoked some fond memories of the best parts of the original Beachhead I played on my C64. Might give this a whirl.
11-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramsey89 View Post
It's funny how a few decades after thousands of US soldiers lost their lives and friends you can make a game about it playing on the opposite side and call it "cute"
And what made you think that in this game you play "on the opposite side"? there are no sides, as it`s not a reconstruction of some historic events. Just a thrilling game based on a "warfare" model.
11-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey, guys, let me tell you a story!
I saw a guy in the train playing that game, he was so exited about it so I asked the name. Have just checked it up in yahoo, but not a lot of information yet. Anyway the youtube video made my day. Riht now I'm enjoying the game on my iPhone, but it seems not so easy, will try on my way back. Thanks!