★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ready for sale not ready for sale?

11-06-2009, 01:42 PM
#1
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 731
Ready for sale not ready for sale?

Some of you might recall my woes getting Insulting Monk approved. To my pleasant surprise I received the message that it was now "Ready for sale" from Apple a couple of hours ago. I immediately checked through iTunes Connect, and the beautiful green dot was there, next to the letters spelling Ready for sale.

However when I tried the link I received the message "the item you've requested is not available in the US Store". (Same thing in Norway by the way.)

Now, this is only my second app and it's been a while, but I can't remember things delaying 2 hours last time round? Or have things changed/ My mind gone soft and I'm simply being to impatient?
11-06-2009, 02:10 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 113
Hey Nick,

Is your release date set to today? If it's set to some point in the future, then that's probably the issue.

Otherwise... I seem to recall some goofiness when Storm Attack got the "ready for sale" indicator... you might just have to wait a bit longer for the new info to filter through the various App Stores. I wanna say that I've heard of people needing to wait more than 2 hours, so I wouldn't get too worried about it right now.

Hope that helps.

Mike, Rhock & Rholl Studios
Daily Word Search, Storm Attack, Storm Attack Lite

11-06-2009, 02:13 PM
#3
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_RNR View Post
Hey Nick,

Is your release date set to today? If it's set to some point in the future, then that's probably the issue.

Otherwise... I seem to recall some goofiness when Storm Attack got the "ready for sale" indicator... you might just have to wait a bit longer for the new info to filter through the various App Stores. I wanna say that I've heard of people needing to wait more than 2 hours, so I wouldn't get too worried about it right now.

Hope that helps.
Actually we're way passed the release date, but thanks. Yes I'll try not too worry (although it's been nearly three hours)...
11-06-2009, 02:19 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 113
Yeah, maybe somebody else can give you some better info. "Don't worry about it" might be comforting, but doesn't really solve your problem My guess is there's just some lag time, especially as Apple approves more and more apps each day.

Hope everything works out.

Mike, Rhock & Rholl Studios
Daily Word Search, Storm Attack, Storm Attack Lite
11-06-2009, 02:24 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 330
I've seen people claim it took 24 hours for their app to be searchable on the app store.

Main point though, if it shows Ready for Sale, you are indeed going to be available before the day is out.
11-06-2009, 02:28 PM
#6
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Portland, OR, Cascadia
Posts: 332
Yup. This is just slow now. Easily several hours after the email for my last app to be viewable. Then another 24 before it popped up in the search lists.
11-06-2009, 03:10 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenoclone View Post
Yup. This is just slow now. Easily several hours after the email for my last app to be viewable. Then another 24 before it popped up in the search lists.
I don't understand why, but the app store seems to have different data for each piece of it. I just released Block Busting Planet Panic on monday. It was viewable by directly linking, but didn't show up in search until the next day. It also was on iTunes, but not viewable directly through the app store for a while. Weird

Seems the same with reviews. If you search for my app, it is 4.5 stars, but when you view the app, it's 4. I guess they have different databases for different data.

Indie Game Developer
Homepage: mattripston.com
Available now: Block Busting Planet Panic Commerical
Follow me on Twitter
11-06-2009, 03:18 PM
#8
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warder View Post
It was viewable by directly linking, but didn't show up in search until the next day. It also was on iTunes, but not viewable directly through the app store for a while. Weird
Well, for the moment my app simply isn't available at all. Even the direct-link is still non-functioning after 4 hours. Apple's practice is decidedly... odd.
11-06-2009, 04:21 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Actually we're way passed the release date
Hey this totally slipped my mind. You should probably log into iTunes Connect asap and change your release date to today. Otherwise you'll miss out on some face time under "New Releases", as your release date will not be today, but whatever you had it set to previously.

Mike, Rhock & Rholl Studios
Daily Word Search, Storm Attack, Storm Attack Lite
11-06-2009, 04:51 PM
#10
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 731
Thanks Mike. I just changed the date to today's date. It hasn't taken yet but at least now it is available!