★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Shoot Shoota By Team Dropkick

11-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Shoot Shoota By Team Dropkick

Link to video

Here is another game I've been working on. The video shows it in landscape, but it is a portrait view game. Also, it was shown on the simulator.

Its a top down shooter with tower defense elements, and you are trying to keep your planet safe from alien enemies. If your planet dies, then its game over.

Im still waiting to buy my apple developer license, so all the other games I'm working on plus this have to wait till I can scroung up 100 bucks. Tell me what you think so far. ( And If someone knows how to embed a video better than how I did, can you help me out?)

*****Also, music is done by me too.

Artist and dev for Team Dropkick
11-06-2009, 06:48 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

11-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
YouTube: video
thanks!!!

11-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Damn. I thought people liked top down shooters.

11-06-2009, 11:33 PM
I think people just haven't seen the thread yet

Anyway, isnt this a sidescrolling shooter instead of a topdown? I just wanted to get my terminology right lol

By the way, the video looks great (soundtrack, graphics), but it does look a little boring. Most shmups these days use big boss levels (like really huge), even more awesome graphics (particles), powerup systems, upgradable equipment, tiny ships that fly by your side, insane variety of enemy ships, so im just wondering what you have in mind for your game. Its going to be tough competing against the current games.

EDIT: It will be cool if you can make a rotational shooter (not like Kryzer). I mean that the center of gravity is the planet and you can shoot outwards and the controls would be positioning the ship around the planet and how far away from the planet (just drag around). The planet could just be this little circle in the middle (not big like it is now). I think this would make the tower defense elements more obvious. Especially maybe if you can build some capabilities on the planet and maybe also deploy tactical sattelites that orbit around the planet helping you shoot enemies or provide a shield. Or some tactical sattelites can also shoot a projection of the planet so enemies think the planet is somewhere else. Hmmm... im on a roll

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

Last edited by Prab; 11-06-2009 at 11:51 PM.
11-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Yeah, on the simulator, it only shows up i landscape, but it should be in portrait mode.

Yeah, I have a bunch of stuff I want to add, and I have a long list of bosses I want to add too. I assure you, I'll do my best to not make a boring weak game.

11-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Kt I have got to give props to you for making 1. A good top down sh'mup, 2. FANTASTIC MUSIC!!! Are you gonna sell that soundtrack on iTunes? That was friggin' amazing! Btw, best of luck in sales!

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
11-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
I think people just haven't seen the thread yet

Anyway, isnt this a sidescrolling shooter instead of a topdown? I just wanted to get my terminology right lol

By the way, the video looks great (soundtrack, graphics), but it does look a little boring. Most shmups these days use big boss levels (like really huge), even more awesome graphics (particles), powerup systems, upgradable equipment, tiny ships that fly by your side, insane variety of enemy ships, so im just wondering what you have in mind for your game. Its going to be tough competing against the current games.

EDIT: It will be cool if you can make a rotational shooter (not like Kryzer). I mean that the center of gravity is the planet and you can shoot outwards and the controls would be positioning the ship around the planet and how far away from the planet (just drag around). The planet could just be this little circle in the middle (not big like it is now). I think this would make the tower defense elements more obvious. Especially maybe if you can build some capabilities on the planet and maybe also deploy tactical sattelites that orbit around the planet helping you shoot enemies or provide a shield. Or some tactical sattelites can also shoot a projection of the planet so enemies think the planet is somewhere else. Hmmm... im on a roll
I like that, but could you draw up something to see what you mean. I halfway understand what you mean, but I just can't picture it in my head.

11-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Just saw the thread...I like the retro music for the soundtrack...but I gotta agree with Prab, the actual gameplay needs something to jazz it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
Kt I have got to give props to you for making 1. A good top down sh'mup, 2. FANTASTIC MUSIC!!! Are you gonna sell that soundtrack on iTunes? That was friggin' amazing! Btw, best of luck in sales!
Yeah, that song is an instrumental from one of my raps songs, from a sega genesis or something.

I always liked shmups like raidenX, and I have a features that pay some homage to it.