• Publisher: Gameloft
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 265.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1.9
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: Welcome to the world of The Settlers! Youve arrived in a wondrous place populated by Romans, Vikings and Mayans competing or cooperating to reach a variety of goals. These goals include occupying land, ensuring the supply of raw materials, or simply trying to create the most beautiful settlement. There is more than one path which leads to success you can engage in trade, forge alliances, or lead your army into battle.

Plunge into this adaptation of the critically acclaimed PC game, widely popular for offering a well balanced mix of strategy and building management, now with optimized gameplay for iPhone / iPod touch.

- Gather resources and build a lively and bustling town in an ancient world. Your decisions and skill in managing and protecting your settlement will determine its fate.

- The strength of your units depends on how effectively you have built up your settlement and paid attention to the economic relationships within it.

- Three nations to govern: Conquer new territories, defeat rival armies, and establish an empire with your warriors that encompasses lands and continents.

- A huge number of parameters to manage: Dozens of buildings types, settlements, soldiers, raw materials, and much more.

- An accessible game for everybody, thanks to extensive tutorial missions and multi-touch gameplay, ideal for strategy games.

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

sizzlakalonji's comments:

Lite Version : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-settlers-free/id343049528?mt=8
11-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Decided to take a chance and get this instead of the other "Settlers" of Catan that is also $5. Wow this is awesome so far. Took about 4 mins to download and 6 mins to install. It has 35 screenshots for help plus more in game help. Animations are nice from fish popping out of the water to rabbits running around, etc.

I really like how they have a small slider for zooming in/out and keep the two fingers pinching for multiple selecting of units.

Ok now gonna post about 100 screenshots I took.
11-06-2009, 10:37 PM
No freeplay is hugely disappointing but, what can you do.

Booting the game up for the first time right now.

11-06-2009, 10:38 PM
11-06-2009, 10:39 PM
11-06-2009, 10:47 PM
MrBass, I'm playing the first mission and while I have built the woodcutter's hut, he doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot of woodcutting. Is that normal?
11-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Great game.

However, what am I missing here? The down load took at least twice the space it is listed at. I started with close to 700mb and now I have 70mb. Is this always the case with games and I am now just seeing this because I am low on space?
11-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Game is pretty fun! No sign of a freeplay mode, but there seems to be quite a lot of missions spread throughout 4 tribes.

The gameplay is pretty good so far in the first mission (much better than Rise of the Lost Empires). The whole look and set-up of the screen was well put together and I have had no problems yet. There are a ton of buildings to construct along with many units and workers to put together.

It's a really good game, even though freeplay may not be included. But, who knows? Gameloft may hopefully take the time to add some updates that include it later on.
11-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I just hope all the buildings look different for all the tribes if not, it'll look really lazy. Given that the game is pretty big, I don't think they skimped out on the art.

Edit: Jesusrules, that's highly unlikely. Gameloft doesn't seem to believe in updates that bring in new content. They fix bugs and that's it.
11-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyNobre View Post
I just hope all the buildings look different for all the tribes if not, it'll look really lazy. Given that the game is pretty big, I don't think they skimped out on the art.

Edit: Jesusrules, that's highly unlikely. Gameloft doesn't seem to believe in updates that bring in new content. They fix bugs and that's it.
Yeah, I've noticed that, just being hopeful.
11-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Great game, I love the ambiance and how my screen seems to came alive with activity!