★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: On the blasted freeways of mankind's grim and deadly future, a new world is emerging from the war-torn ruins of the old, a frontier where only the fast and fearless survive. You can make a difference - if you live that long. So check your weapons and weld on another armor plate 'cause it's time to hit the road!

Blow enemy cars to bits with a variety of weapons - or just ram them off the road!

Smash through traffic with your turbo boost!

Engage in epic boss fights.

Use your jump module to dodge bullets and even destroy enemy cars!

Earn money to buy weapons and other car upgrades.

Deathride features bite-sized missions you can easily finish whenever you have a few minutes to spare! It also auto-saves and has a handy pause feature.

VIDEO
http://www.tinyurl.com/deathride-video
11-06-2009, 10:04 PM

11-06-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't generally accuse or harp about shill App Store reviews, but the game having been released today has multiple five star reviews. Two of which, the enthusiastic reviewers have played all night for hours and hours- come on now?
11-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I don't generally accuse or harp about shill App Store reviews, but the game having been released today has multiple five star reviews. Two of which, the enthusiastic reviewers have played all night for hours and hours- come on now?
They're clearly shill reviews -- most of them have only reviewed games from the same developer. It's too bad, because it looks pretty neat, but at that price point I'm not taking the plunge on something that's marketed so dishonestly.
11-06-2009, 11:09 PM
When I first saw the description and images for this, I got all excited because it reminded me a lot of an old game Autoduel. But after watching the video, this really just looks more like a reskinned top-down shooter. Can someone describe what the "towns" and "RPG" aspects are like? The video mostly just shows the driving.
11-06-2009, 11:10 PM
11-06-2009, 11:20 PM
the video reminded me of spy hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Guilty as charged! I'm one of the Deathride developers and yes, I did write a 5 star review for it (as AholeRonald). Honestly though everything I said was true - it IS like a cross between Spy Hunter and a 2D scrolling shooter, it IS very polished, and it WAS about 7am and I was debating playing some more, getting back to programming (trying to finish up the Droid port, actually), or just going to bed.

Anyhow, Deathride is our company's first full-fledged game and we're very proud of it, so I hope that anyone who tries it out has a lot of fun - and just let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements!

Oh and BTW Artfoundry, I'm a HUUUGE fan of Autoduel. Nothing like blowing out a couple of tires in-between towns and having to walk to the next one while dodging the remaining baddies. That's not in Deathride, but we do have lots of courier and patrol missions that you can take or leave, reputation points, 10-ish main characters that you talk to to advance the story, and the ever-present dilemma of whether to fork over your cash for those 2 extra points of forward armor or save up for that crazy $20K Plague Cannon, haha.
11-07-2009, 01:11 AM
I was hoping for a game version of Mad Max from the description! lol

At least the dev admits to being a shill but that doesn't excuse what he did. It's pretty clear that's a big no no and I refuse to buy it from someone so dishonest
11-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyves View Post
Guilty as charged! I'm one of the Deathride developers and yes, I did write a 5 star review for it (as AholeRonald). Honestly though everything I said was true - it IS like a cross between Spy Hunter and a 2D scrolling shooter, it IS very polished, and it WAS about 7am and I was debating playing some more, getting back to programming (trying to finish up the Droid port, actually), or just going to bed.

Anyhow, Deathride is our company's first full-fledged game and we're very proud of it, so I hope that anyone who tries it out has a lot of fun - and just let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements!

Oh and BTW Artfoundry, I'm a HUUUGE fan of Autoduel. Nothing like blowing out a couple of tires in-between towns and having to walk to the next one while dodging the remaining baddies. That's not in Deathride, but we do have lots of courier and patrol missions that you can take or leave, reputation points, 10-ish main characters that you talk to to advance the story, and the ever-present dilemma of whether to fork over your cash for those 2 extra points of forward armor or save up for that crazy $20K Plague Cannon, haha.
Alright -- not to condone dishonest shilling, but at least you had the cojones to come here and own up to it. I just TOFTT and will try to write something about it tomorrow (hey, maybe I'll even leave a real review on iTunes .