★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Followup to Space Ninja would be cool

01-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Followup to Space Ninja would be cool

To the dev who created space ninja, first of all, great job. Like nothing on the iphone so far. Really polished graphics, intuitive user interface, gameplay aspects all balanced.
If you're thinking of other games to do after this one, you mite think about going a followup to space ninja, like, space soldier or something, where you shoot rather than dodge.
Just an idea i figured id share.

btw sry if this is in the wrong place or something, i've been following this site for awhile and used it for many game and app references, but i just created an account recently.
01-02-2009, 03:43 PM
the reason i think its original is because its NOT shooter.

im sure people would go for it but i believe the shooting aspect would make it too similar to so many other apps.

thats why i have this developer on my + list, because he obviously tries to create something original and appealing. i would be slightly let down if tyhe next release was something done before (albeit im sure it would be better than the rest)

01-02-2009, 04:29 PM
I say some sort of co op mode would be a better follow up. Working with your friends as a team to make it through levels!
01-02-2009, 04:31 PM
i agree, and thats personally why i downloaded space ninja in the first place (bc its original)
however, since this dev seems to have the accelerometer controls down pat better than whats already out in the app store, im sure that he could make a pretty original "shooter" game as well. Of course, not making it generic or anything like that, but with its own individual twist.
01-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Heey, dev here. Nearly missed this thread (were it not for google). About plans for the next game, no specific plans yet but you'll probably see a follow-up to space ninja this year. There's another guy who'll be working with me (for the art, game design etc), and he *might* want to do a shooter, if not, it'll be some sort of game.

Right now I'm working for an update for space ninja, and at the same time, working on the multiplayer aspect. I think I have enough to justify getting another ipod touch..

As for ETA when this will be done, I'm working hard to get this done before the 22nd of jan. That's when I'm going overseas.

any updates on the games I'm working on : www.twitter.com/jormy
01-03-2009, 12:43 AM
And what about a rewind feature? Something like the first time we die in a level the game would go back a few seconds so we will have a second chance. That'll be cool IMO.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
01-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Haha, if there's ever rewind feature, I guess you can expect Braid mode XD

But that's not that easy to implement, had to be planned from the ground up, which I Imagine Braid did.

any updates on the games I'm working on : www.twitter.com/jormy
01-03-2009, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun View Post
Haha, if there's ever rewind feature, I guess you can expect Braid mode XD

But that's not that easy to implement, had to be planned from the ground up, which I Imagine Braid did.
It'd still be freakin awesome tho.
01-03-2009, 02:13 AM
That somehow makes me think there could be a number of time-based powers in the game....slow down, maybe even freeze, travel to the future, go back in time, etc.

That would easily make the game worth another $3.00 xD

Last edited by tunawrap; 01-03-2009 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Reason? I got two reasons fat boy, and they're called fists!