★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Racing Games

11-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
Racing Games

I'm looking for a certain type of racing game. Does anyone know if there are any games that let you buy car parts and tune your car with them? I don't mean just cosmetic stuff, i mean stuff that changes the cars performance. Something like Choro-Q for the PS2.
11-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RankoSao View Post
I'm looking for a certain type of racing game. Does anyone know if there are any games that let you buy car parts and tune your car with them? I don't mean just cosmetic stuff, i mean stuff that changes the cars performance. Something like Choro-Q for the PS2.
Asphalt 5 you can tune your cars, upgrade new cars, etc. Really good game.

11-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleabag323 View Post
Asphalt 5 you can tune your cars, upgrade new cars, etc. Really good game.
DOes it actually make a noticeable difference though? In Asphalt 4 it sure didn't.

In NFSU car upgrades do noticeably improve their performances. But I hated NFSU
11-07-2009, 04:23 PM
There are only 2 good racing games that I can think of that involve customising your car in visual and performance - NFS: Undercover and Asphalt 5.

Although I feel that Asphalt 5 is a better overall game, NFS: Undercover focuses more on the modifying of cars. If it's modifying cars you want, I would go with NFS.

Hakuna Matata
11-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RankoSao View Post

I hope NFS: Shift will have this.

I don't consider the current NFS worthy of anything, as there is NO Bumper cam or first person cam.
That's a joke.
No offense to all of those who drive 3rd person in games, but I am more of a purist and I play racing games to 'Drive' the car, not feel like I am simply 'Controlling' the car - That's for RC games.

The only games that I will drive in 3rd person would be Kart games.

I love Arcade and Sim racing, like:

Ridge Racer Series
Gran Turismo PSP
Project Gotham
Real Racing
Asphalt 5

Sorry, but I can't think of anything to fit your desire at the moment but let's see if Shift fits the gap.
11-08-2009, 01:10 AM
I don't really care about which camera angle it has... and i don't think you really answered my question..
11-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There are only 2 good racing games that I can think of that involve customising your car in visual and performance - NFS: Undercover and Asphalt 5.

Although I feel that Asphalt 5 is a better overall game, NFS: Undercover focuses more on the modifying of cars. If it's modifying cars you want, I would go with NFS.
Thanks for your help, i have that game now