★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Rowland Rose
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: In this game, YOU are the wildfire! Your goal is to burn as much as you can before your fire goes out. But beware, some terrain types burn quickly, and some take longer to burn. Find the smartest way to spread the fire to burn the most land.

There are more than 50 levels waiting to challenge you! Things start out easy to introduce the game's mechanics, but quickly ramp up to give you the best challenge. The last few levels will REALLY challenge your inner pyromaniac!

But what about when you're done with the game's levels? No problem! Perhaps the most exciting feature of all is the level-generator! Choose from a number of options and the game will generate a brand new unique level to challenge you. Save the ones you like for repeat play!

You want more control than that? No problem! This game comes with a fully-featured level-editor, allowing you to create and save levels you make from scratch.

The replay value of this game, along with it's sheer addictiveness and enjoyability, is sure to make this one of your favorite apps. Enjoy this hot new puzzle game :)
11-19-2009, 08:37 AM
This game got no attention at all. What a pity. It looks like the devs don't care. The pic is lopsided and the screenies don't tell you anything.... the less than stellar retro intro screen....actually this is a rather good logic game.

The first paragraph of the description is what the game is about.

Here is the in-game instruction and it's quite minimal and rather vague.

Here is an in-game map. (Generated by the level generator included)

The orange fire is you. Each time you burn a square, you accumulate burn points (the number next to the BURN!!! button. Those points are important to you because you use those points on the next turn to do one of the four actions. You can JUMP - your fire moves to the next square. You can SPREAD, one square of fire can spread to the next one but not diagonally. RAIN is for raining on the rival purple flame to put the AI opponent out. I don't know what METEOR does yet, but I think it burns all surrounding squares.

To perform an action, you just click on an orange flame and then the action you want to perform, and then select the square for the action to be done.

Touch on BURN!!! ends the turn and the game calculates your burn points for use in the next round.

The red squares at the corner of your fire is an indication of how many turns before your fire in that square burns out. Sandy-with-rock squares are deserts and fire will burn it and burn out when you press Burn button. On a mountain tile, fire can burn for current turn and one more turn. On grass it burns on current turn and 2 more turns. On forest trees, it burns on the current turn and 3 more turns before it's out.

Once a tile is burned, you can't ever move your fire over it ever again. So the point is, you must try to spread your fire out effectively and try not to burn yourself out.

To beat a level, you have to burn all the land tiles on it, each land tile burn gains you a score (bottom of the screen). "Score to Win" is the number of land squares you need to completely destroy to beat the level. (Note that scores and burn points are two different things.)

You have to consider your moves carefully and try to plan your path of destruction a turn or a few ahead. It looks simple but it plays like a complex chess problem. It's a boardgame that requires a lot of thought to play.The first map was easy, the second map has gotten me pondering over it since yesterday. (Maybe I'm just terrible at this.)

It comes with 50 designed levels, each one unlocks after you solve one. There is also a level generator and an editor which give this game limitless replay value. Cool thing to note also: if you generate a level you like, you have at option to save it.

Minus points are minor but might matter to some of you.

-You can't listen to your own ipod music on this thing.
-It doesn't save your progress in a level on exit.
11-19-2009, 10:13 AM
based on the title i thought it was a Scorched Earth (Tank Game) clone, but then the fire thing threw me for a loop, as did the graphics

the concept of a fire burning puzzle is intriguing.. it would be better if the graphics were better...and if you were fighting against maybe fire fighters, planes dropping water, and etc.

but i think i will pass on this one