★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 3D Tunnel Lite Released!

11-08-2009, 12:06 AM
3D Tunnel Lite Released!

Hello everyone,
I'm an indie developer and I wanted to share the results of my eight months of work. 3D Tunnel, an arcade game unique in its kind. Some people compared it to a "Cube Runner with a 3rd dimension added to it" and I cannot agree more. The spaceship is controlled with the accelerometer and AppVee.com rated the controls 5/5 stars (even though above all version 1.0 was rated an average of 3/5 stars).

The screenshots presented below refer to the update 1.3 of the full $0.99 version which has been sent to Apple 2 days ago but it's still waiting approval.

The iTunes url for the LITE version is: itms://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=336048178&mt=8&s=143441

More screenshots are available here: http://www.3dtunnelonline.com/screenshots.php
Detailed explaination of the limitations of the LITE vs FULL version is provided here: http://www.3dtunnelonline.com/

Could anyone try the game and give some feedbacks about how I could improve it?

Thank you.

p.s. sorry about my english
11-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Looks like the Earthworm Jim racing levels.

11-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Yes the look is very similar, but the controls and gameplay are way different.

Try the LITE version, you'll see what i mean
11-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Link to lite is not formatting as a clickable link.
11-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
Link to lite is not formatting as a clickable link.

゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
11-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Breezing through on easy. Up to lev 15. No idea how to use powerups. No idea how to die. Upgrades to speed and acceleration not seeming to have any noticable effect. Will finish 18 lite levels and try again on higher difficulty.
11-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Ok - finished al levels. Got same world high score as everone else. Could not change difficulty in options so, without further instructions, I am done with the game.

What am I missing?
11-08-2009, 03:10 PM
That's weird that you cannot change difficulty, maybe the option button is too small and is too hard to touch. I'll try to solve that. Keep in mind that you can change the difficulty only if you access the option screen from the main menu (not from the pause menu).

Acceleration is the delay that the spaceship has to go thru to pass from neutral position to all the way up/down.

Deceleration is the delay that the spaceship has to go thru to pass from all the way up/down to neutral.

Speed influences how the spaceship moves across the screen (the higher the speed, the faster the spaceship moves from point X to Y).

The score is the same because everyone ends at level 18 in the LITE version. Do you think I should change that in somehow?
11-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Ok ... Had to quit back to main menu and was able to change difficulty. I expected speed to make my ship travel faster through the tunnel offering a nice risk/reward nance. Faster time through the tunnel giving a higher score but increasing risk of crashing.

Sounds like score is fully determined by level completed? Are there pickups or other things in the levels to affect the score? I did not see any on a complete playthrough on easy. If there are none than the high score board could just be highest level completed.

Have to be a parent now but will try to get back to this later. The easy mode would not compel a purchase though.
11-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Yes as of version 1.2 the score is predetermined by the level completed. Update 1.3 is on the way and will include the possibility to pick up items that will influence the total score.

I'm also working on some asteroids that the player will have to avoid in order not to explode.

Thank you for the feedback about the speed, I'll think of something to improve there.