★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Payback and CarJackStreets...

01-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Payback and CarJackStreets...

Im wondering...aren't they the same style game, why are the developers releasing the two games so close to eachother? Why does it seem that when one unique game makes way(or is on its way) to the Iphone a dozen other games exactly like that game come out? The way things unfold in the appstore I see that even though both games will most likely be decent or amazing the one which gets released first will get the most publicity. With this in mind why do you think the developers are releasing the games and information so close together?

Do you think this new GTA styled gamplay/genre is going to start being developed by the dozens? Which do you think will do better and which do you personally think looks better?

See: CarJack Streets Developer Remarks here.

Payback (GP2X mobile version)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Carjack(Cell phone)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Playing: HookChamp.WheelersTreasure.BaseballSuperstars2010. SniperVsSniper.RealRacing.
Wanting:Command&Conquer.Madden2010.
WaitingList: SpaceTripper.RoguePlanet.MiniSquadron.R-Type.

Last edited by salsamd; 01-03-2009 at 05:18 PM.
01-02-2009, 06:23 PM
the more competition the better
it means we will get better games

they both look good
and i might pick up both

01-02-2009, 06:30 PM
common, take a look at the screen shots, which one do you think people are going to buy
01-02-2009, 06:30 PM
I hope that regardless of all the wait time, between these two games... please don't give us something sucky with poor controls and bug filled.
01-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin okin View Post
common, take a look at the screen shots, which one do you think people are going to buy
it all depends on gameplay

the carjack one looks like the original GTA, and if it is as fun, or more fun, then i am sold

gameplay rules graphics IMO
01-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
it all depends on gameplay

the carjack one looks like the original GTA, and if it is as fun, or more fun, then i am sold

gameplay rules graphics IMO
You said it mate, i'll get whichever has the best gameplay/controls, story and/or type(s) of missions. Graphics in any GTA style crime game come second to those - its the reason I disliked the Getaway - all pretty graphics and no fun gameplay!
01-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Send a message via MSN to firstprime
i cant wait for both of them but i was just wondering, are there no copyright issues with making games so similar to gta? and car jack streets is pretty similar.....
01-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Im wondering...aren't they the same style game, why are the developers releasing the two games so close to eachother? Why does it seem that when one unique game makes way(or is on its way) to the Iphone a dozen other games exactly like that game come out?
Good point ----it happens with books and movies all the time ---- must be a logical conclusion
01-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstprime View Post
are there no copyright issues with making games so similar to gta?
Nope; you can't copyright an idea. Graphics, music, code, writing: yes. Ideas: no.

--Eric
01-03-2009, 11:30 AM
another Payback video

added it here

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."