★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I think that there should be a beta test sub forum.

11-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
I think that there should be a beta test sub forum.

Discuss. I think it would be a good idea.
I think this because people just post beta testing offers in random threads, this will make it easier to find apps that need testers.

You won't find me on the leaderboards.

Last edited by swishinj; 11-10-2009 at 08:44 PM.
11-08-2009, 04:06 PM
How would this differ from beta test social groups, of which are private/invite only?

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby

11-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhagoCychotic View Post
How would this differ from beta test social groups, of which are private/invite only?
For starters there are a lot of beta test social groups
and developers post offers in forums. This would make it be alot easier to find beta test opportunities.

11-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Sounds like a good idea

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
11-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Like threads what only the thread starters could let people view, so devs can tell the secrets just to beta's.

hello!
11-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swishinj View Post
For starters there are a lot of beta test social groups
and developers post offers in forums. This would make it be alot easier to find beta test opportunities.
Yeah... there's pretty much one for each game you're a beta tester of... what are you expecting? It's a lot simpler keeping things private in groups than on a sub-forum, and devs DO post offers in the forum already. How do you think we find 'em? Smoke signal on the horizon?

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
11-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Send a message via AIM to Kyle
... Or just make forum Just for beta testing (like on Proboards, IF, or something)

Beta Testing(or Tested): Sniper Versus Sniper (Com2uS), Chronicles of Inotia: Wanderer of Luone, Heavy Gunner, IMO: The World of Magic, Slice It!.
12-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Crazy View Post
Like threads what only the thread starters could let people view, so devs can tell the secrets just to beta's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Yeah... there's pretty much one for each game you're a beta tester of... what are you expecting? It's a lot simpler keeping things private in groups than on a sub-forum, and devs DO post offers in the forum already. How do you think we find 'em? Smoke signal on the horizon?
I mean beta testing OFFERS not discussion. Beta testing offers are spread out in the forums and this would make it easier to find oppertunities.

12-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Quote:
I mean beta testing OFFERS not discussion. Beta testing offers are spread out in the forums and this would make it easier to find oppertunities.
I s'pose that makes more sense... but it's not as though the beta topics are always empty, places get snapped up within minutes so people are finding them.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Quote:
But there are not really many beta testing threads and it will make beta tester lurkers like promo code lurkers.

hello!