★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Glass Master v1.1 now Out. Featured in iTunes "New and Noteworthy games

11-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Glass Master v1.1 now Out. Featured in iTunes "New and Noteworthy games

Glass Master

Apologies if this has been discussed, but I didn't find it in a search. The developer kindly gave me a promo code to try this out and post a review here, so here goes:

Glass Master is a puzzle game with a stained glass theme. This is definitely a game for meditation and relaxation. There is no countdown, no frantic music, no explosions, etc. There is some nice, sedate music and unlimited time to manipulate shards of stained glass to fit into a blank template. There is a physics engine built in, so if you hit the piece of glass into the edges of the screen, the piece will react accordingly. One of the things that would have been nice is the inclusion of more detailed instructions, although since there is no time limit, there is no penalty for playing around with manipulating the pieces, and this does lead to a nice feeling of discovery. This game is basically one of shape recognition. It's a simple concept, but it can get a bit tough on some of the later puzzles. All in all, it's a nice game...recommended if you like puzzle/shape recognition games. Thanks again to the dev for the opportunity to try this out.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
11-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Will have a try.

(Although I don't like the seemingly overbright colors as seen on the photos.)

11-09-2009, 08:34 AM

11-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Promo codes

I have promo codes available for my game Glass Master. Please PM me if you are interested in a code. Please leave impressions if you use a code.
11-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Already bought the game. After testing Your game I will leave information for other users on the German App-Site.
11-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I am so confused

My thoughts:

Pros: Beautiful graphics, nice music, excellent production values.

Cons: No save and restore and almost no instructions, which leads to the biggest problem, I have no idea how to play this game.

You move pieces around by touching them and rotating them, but they never seem to lock into position. Also, since you are only getting one piece at a time, how can you know where the pieces are supposed to go? Also, since the pieces bounce off each other, as the board gets more full, its going to get harder and harder (and eventually impossible) to move new pieces to the correct spot without bumping other pieces out of the way.

I want to like this game, but could the developer please explain what is going on?

Thanks. Michael
11-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Stress

It's just nightmarish - You fight helplessly to rotate piece and it continues to rain new pieces as long as it needs to make the game unplayable.

Have You ever playtestet Your own game?

I deeply regret there is no option for giving zero stars.
Stress - that's all Your game delivers (in the minutes until deinstallation). You promised otherwise!
11-09-2009, 01:40 PM
While I agree, and wrote so in my OP that this could use some improved instructions, the above impressions are a bit over the top IMO. The game took me all of about 90 seconds to figure out how to manipulate the pieces. The question was asked how to know where to put the pieces...seriously? There are spaces to fill. The pieces correspond to those spaces. It's not rocket science. Look the game isn't the best, but it isn't idiot proof either. If you find it that hard, you need to look in the mirror, because if anything, it's too simple.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
11-09-2009, 01:49 PM
The process of rotating the pieces is complete crap. Dysfunctional.
Is this more clearly?
Your game is a enerving wreck and I regret paying for it. This game is the opposite to Your description above - and in my opinion not worthy a single cent.
I guess You never playtested Your hit-and-run-product You want us to pay for.

Last edited by Symbolist; 11-09-2009 at 02:03 PM.
11-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Thank you for critic, Symbolist!
Now i understand you problem, and fix it in nearest update- i will add more animated manuals.
If you seen in game other bad moment- please, write about it!