★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: invinciBall - New app

01-03-2009, 12:27 AM
invinciBall - New app

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DphEWWQnUhY Dev's video

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://p...301047058&mt=8 LINK

~~~~~~~~~~

I said this below but i'll put it in the original post too:

Alright guys, I got the game, and I also contacted the dev, who said wifi multiplayer could be on the way, because he has had previous experience with it.

Quoted from the dev's email:
"And by the way, WiFi is something I really want to add to the game. I have experience with it since I also made InvinciCar Online which is a free online multiplayer webplayer app ( http://www.nplay.com )."

basically, the game might appear kind of monotonous, but it is actually pretty fun. There are three modes. One is survival, where you have lives and try not to fall off. Then there is another game mode where you try and hold areas. you get 0.1 points for every second you hold an area, and you have to get to a certain number of points. you can also play a game mode where there is one area, and you have to stay in it to acquire a total of 50 points. When you knock someone off, you take 25 percent of their points. Tehre is actually a decent ammount of diversity to the game, even though there arent powerups. Each game mode has an easy, medium, hard setting. It has a fair ammount of polish, and is well presented. I would definitely give this app a 4.5/5, only because of the bad sound track (IMO). It basically just the same sound looping over and over and over and......yea, lol. You can play your own music though, so it's allll good (you gotta do the double tap home button thing though, because it drowns out your music when you first open it).

I highly recommend it to you guys, it's pretty fun and polished. well worth 2.99 IMO

Last edited by Fubit86; 01-03-2009 at 11:22 PM.
01-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
I wish the emoticons isn't static. I might purchase it if there's an animated emoticons.

Updates from Casual Gamer

Plus+ ID: dsync89 (active in all We Rule, We Farm and We City)
OpenFeint ID: dsync89

01-03-2009, 12:34 AM
didnt see you already had it :O

Last edited by Hello; 01-03-2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: you already posted this
01-03-2009, 12:35 AM
I would have bought that in 5 seconds flat if it had wifi multiplayer. What a shame.
01-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Lots of these games seem like simple flash ports that get old quick. What this game needs is:

1) like a poster who's name I didn't take the time to read (no offense) above me said, yes, definitely Wi-Fi.
2) Power-Ups
3) Bigger playing fields but with pits, ramps that shoot smiley's toward the edge, and whatnot.

The gameplay looks monotonous
01-03-2009, 01:26 AM
If it were a buck I would have bought it immediately. 3$ a bit to much for a throw away game.
01-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Alright guys, I got the game, and I also contacted the dev, who said wifi multiplayer could be on the way, because he has had previous experience with it.

Quoted from the dev's email:
"And by the way, WiFi is something I really want to add to the game. I have experience with it since I also made InvinciCar Online which is a free online multiplayer webplayer app ( http://www.nplay.com )."

basically, the game might appear kind of monotonous, but it is actually pretty fun. There are three modes. One is survival, where you have lives and try not to fall off. Then there is another game mode where you try and hold areas. you get 0.1 points for every second you hold an area, and you have to get to a certain number of points. you can also play a game mode where there is one area, and you have to stay in it to acquire a total of 50 points. When you knock someone off, you take 25 percent of their points. Tehre is actually a decent ammount of diversity to the game, even though there arent powerups. Each game mode has an easy, medium, hard setting. It has a fair ammount of polish, and is well presented. I would definitely give this app a 4.5/5, only because of the bad sound track (IMO). It basically just the same sound looping over and over and over and......yea, lol. You can play your own music though, so it's allll good (you gotta do the double tap home button thing though, because it drowns out your music when you first open it).

I highly recommend it to you guys, it's pretty fun and polished. well worth 2.99 IMO
01-03-2009, 11:46 PM
I sent an email too, seemed a little less positive. The dev tool they are using (Unity?) doesn't currently support wifi. He did mention that he had experience doing multiplayer if unity gets wifi later.
01-04-2009, 03:15 AM
Hey it looks like monkeyfight from monkeyball. They should make that kind of game. This one looks way to simplified and throw away, especially for 3 bucks. If someone was to make one like monkeyfight with powerups and stuff i would buy it.
01-04-2009, 03:52 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
Wow, invinsiCar looks great. But I have no opponent to race with?

Updates from Casual Gamer

Plus+ ID: dsync89 (active in all We Rule, We Farm and We City)
OpenFeint ID: dsync89