Noise.io and Beatmaker are getting married!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NotYou, Jan 3, 2009.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Noise.io just updated and now includes direct export to Beatmaker.:eek: There was another thread a few weeks ago where a few of us were freaking about that possibly happening.

Beatmaker needs to update before the export will actually work, but it should be on it's way.

2. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    wow, i may just have to re-install noise.io then :D

3. Narbotic

Narbotic Active Member

Dec 21, 2008
    holy crud! that's awesome news - interested to see just how this'll be implemented.

I'm writing up a review of noise.io and I just keep wanting some way to export my patches to logic/garageband. that's likely asking a lot, but hopefully this will be a step in that direction

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Wow....I'm sooooo glad, I got both apps.
    Noise.io wasn't much usefull (although it's a fantastic app) for me.
    But with this option it would chance immensely!

5. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Hooray! I have been waiting for this for ages!

6. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    The update also allows you to export as a WAV. so you should be able to put it into any audio editing software;)

7. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I will buy both of these apps then. This is awesome

8. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm feeling overwhelmed:eek:

9. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    From the intua.net forums:

Re: Noise.IO and BeatMaker 1.32

by intua on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:24 pm
    Hello,

BeatMaker 1.3.2 has been submitted to Apple.

Intua Team.

Should see this any day now.

10. Kultist

Kultist Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Porta studio

Long time reader, first time poster :)
    This is great news indeed. Both apps were already great by themselves, but this should really make the iPhone a very nice portable studio and scratchpad.

11. morscata12

morscata12 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I bought Noise.io for its future interactions with Beatmaker, so it's good to hear that wasn't a mistake :p

12. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    :eek:
    Finally!

13. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    The Beatmaker update is out!

The apps should officially work together now. This may not be a big deal to most people, but it should be to any musicians out there. Beatmaker was really the first of it's kind. That kind of software has never been portable like this before. Now that Noise.io is basically part of it, it's just amazing.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to later for sure.

14. shannonkay

shannonkay Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Haha. At first I thought you meant someone was literally getting married.

15. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    hey. since its called "Noise.io Pro" does that mean there will be a lite version sometime??? because i think it looks pretty cool but would like to try it out first.
    If so then when should it be out?

16. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    It's not an actual lite version, but the Noise Trio demo which uses the same sound engine can be found on appstore.

17. MilkRobotics

MilkRobotics Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Graphic Software Development
    Oregon
    Beatmaker/Noise.io interchange

I've been using Beatmaker for a quite a bit. It has some limitations and some UI gotchas but the price (I think just under $20) is well worth it. The audio sampler is great. The mere fact of having a good robust sequencer in your pocket is enough.

Noise.io is so so, but full of potential. I must admit that I used it for a bit, got frustrated (and I've done lots of music production) and stopped using it.

Now with Beatmaker supporting Noise.io wav output, it has made me try and wrestle with the messy monster of Noise.io. I must admit the integration is fairly basic, but it does help generate atmospheric tones for Beatmaker (at least that is what I use it for). it also allows you to create a tone pattern without hogging some of the Beatmaker pads.

I wish that all music apps, no matter how basic (DigiDrum) or experimental (SynthPond) could just output wavs and share them without using an arduous iphone to computer and back music flow.

18. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    #18 cptlockheed, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
    Randgrid - hidden gem?

I don't intend to steal the thread (I don't know if this has interest enough to make a separate one) , but I have really been enjoying Beatmaker, Noise.io and iDrum which IMO were the best music tools in appstore.

And - a few days ago I found out about Randgrid (2x analog synth + 14 drums, a bit like the classic PC software Rebirth from 90's). It appeared in Appsniper's updates, so I took a quick look at the website, made a "why not"-purchase decision, and now I've been playing with it for two days in row. This app definitely belongs to the best music tool class! Please check it out. It is still under development, but is a solid performer already. The user interface is a bit complex but so they are in all powerful tools.

Please make a separate thread if this causes discussion.

PS. I agree with MilkRobotics above, some kind of standards for sharing between different music apps is a must. I wish Apple would create some method for this - but music apps maybe a too tiny sector for them to bother.

19. MilkRobotics

MilkRobotics Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Graphic Software Development
    Oregon
    Randgrid was actually pointed out to me by a Japanese artist I follow, several days before it appeared state side. Is that possible? Regardless Randgrid is nice for spontaneous compositions, better than Beatmaker. But then it is kind of a stand alone.

20. Jeremy1026

Jeremy1026 Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Is there going to be a wedding shower? Where are they registered?