★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Assassin's Creed 2 for the iPhone?

11-09-2009, 09:50 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 143
Assassin's Creed 2 for the iPhone?

I know that Assassin's Creed is going to be released very soon for the consoles, but does anyone know anything about its release for the iPhone. I have only heard about it once and then like no other updates have come out since then. So does it have its own site or blog that I could go to?
11-09-2009, 09:53 PM
#2
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,252
Same day as consoles.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95

11-09-2009, 09:55 PM
#3
if its anything like assassins creed (for the iphone) im not getting it. I dont want 7 hours of jumping.
11-09-2009, 10:08 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
if its anything like assassins creed (for the iphone) im not getting it. I dont want 7 hours of jumping.
really? i thought it was really engaging... despite the horrible voiceovers... it had really good mechanics. linear tho
11-09-2009, 10:13 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by debtOFskittles View Post
really? i thought it was really engaging... despite the horrible voiceovers... it had really good mechanics. linear tho
ehhh nothing at all like the console versions. Now if they made it like dungeon hunter with open world environments, then it would be like the console versions. I found the iphone version merely a 2.5D platformer, with eye candy. I mean really, all you do is jump around until you find someone. Then you hack at them like crazy. Voila, thats the game in a nutshell.
11-09-2009, 10:25 PM
#6
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
ehhh nothing at all like the console versions. Now if they made it like dungeon hunter with open world environments, then it would be like the console versions. I found the iphone version merely a 2.5D platformer, with eye candy. I mean really, all you do is jump around until you find someone. Then you hack at them like crazy. Voila, thats the game in a nutshell.
To be fair most iphone games including Dungeon Hunter have that awful button mashing hack-n-slash combat.
11-09-2009, 10:26 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: SG
Posts: 3,549
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=24857

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG