★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Comic Soon: Peggle

09-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Comic Soon: Peggle

Quote:
Games publisher PopCap Games announced plans to release an iPhone version of its popular game Peggle later on this month.

Peggle combines elements of pinball, pool and pachinko to create a completely different kind of game experience. The game challenges players to use skill, strategy and luck to clear progressively more difficult levels of orange pegs by firing a small silver ball from the top of the screen.

Stationary and moving obstacles along with numerous power-ups and special effects combine with dynamically-assigned peg colors to make each level unique every time itís played.
Peggle for iPhone

In addition to Peggle, PopCap Games is developing nearly a half-dozen yet-to-be-announced games for the iPhone.
iPhone World.

Yeaay! Been waiting for this since the App Store launch. It's gonna be an instant buy for me. Hopefully it's in the mysterious App Store approval phase alreasy.
09-22-2008, 12:27 PM
uhm yes
hopefully it will be 5 bucks like the other iphone version, if so I will buy it...if its 10, i will wait for it on sale, cause i can always play the other version until it drops on sale...

I dont buy 10 buck games anymore....been burned way to many times

but Peggle might be worth it

09-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Awesome, I looked at this for the iPod Touch and it seemed pretty good so lets hope this is peoperly priced. Seeing from all the other large developers though it seems it will go for the full $10/£6 although if it has enough levels and features (Multi-Player anyone?) I dont mind.
09-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
You saw a build of it? What's to tell?
09-23-2008, 05:01 AM
woot! looking forward to it already
10-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Hopefully this will be $3 to $8 range. Many have already played it on mac/pc so unless they include their new 60 levels from Peggle Nights I hope they don't charge $10 for it.
10-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Ahhhh I've been waiting for this game since I got my touch

I can not WAIT!!

The iPod game actually introduced me to the whole series... I then bought the PC version, so I can't wait until I can have this for my iPod touch
10-07-2008, 08:21 AM
I downloaded the Mac trial version so I try it out and, yes, the game is great. However, I'm not sure how it is going to play on the iPhone. You need accuracy. I can see the possibility that this game could prove frustrating on the iPhone, but I'll hope they've managed to pull it off. If anyone buys it, but sure to comment on how well the controls work.
10-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeersoup View Post
Ahhhh I've been waiting for this game since I got my touch

I can not WAIT!!

The iPod game actually introduced me to the whole series... I then bought the PC version, so I can't wait until I can have this for my iPod touch
i was introduced to it via steam, as it came prepacked with either Portal or Halflife..i dont remember...been addicted to it ever since, and the 5th gen version was amazing as well
03-29-2009, 10:32 PM
later this month yea right...wow....no wonder prerelease annoucements suck...I've been waiting for 6 months for this game and what's the hold up I wonder?