★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Yuqi Tian
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 20.5 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ******************************************

iRat is a classic skill game. In this game, you can aim your jump with the finger; move your finger upward or downward, leftward or rightward to jump. You can hold your touch to control the power of your jumping, if needed; you can touch again in midair to brake (only 3 per level). Remember you must explore and find the flag, collect green diamond can give you extra score points.

Attention, avoid the dangerous stones and dropping into the sea, or else, your game is over!

Lets jump!!!
11-10-2009, 06:40 PM
irat ? sounds funny
11-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Sharp looking graphics.
Dig the rat character.
11-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Pre-scripted or randomly generated levels?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-10-2009, 08:34 PM
I bought this but I am not really liking it so far. I was hoping it would play a little like Spring Fling but that is not the case.

You tap on the rat which brings a circle up, you then get a line that shows the direction of your jump. The problem is that the line is very jumpy and while you are on a 2D plane, the line still goes off into the background. This can be very confusing. Another problem is that the levels are long and make up more than one screen view. While you can bring up a map, it does not guide you or show you where you are going to land because it is too small.

In the end, this game requires a lot of luck. There are moving obstacles as well as both land and water obstacles that cannot be seen until you are about to hit them. Hitting them will put you back to the start of the level for another try. Although you have unlimited tries, the attempts are not that enjoyable. The programmer implemented a brake system where you get 3 brakes per level. The brake allows you to stop before hitting an obstacle and jump. It doesn't work very well and would have been better off to design the game with shorter levels and with a better view of the screen.

The character design and backgrounds are okay but the jump mechanism and the level layout are poor. I suggest you spend $.99 on Spring Fling instead.