★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What are the chances of a sonic the hedgehog game coming to the iphone?

01-03-2009, 04:21 PM
#1
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 129
What are the chances of a sonic the hedgehog game coming to the iphone?

Hi, i was just wondering what the chances are that a sonic the hedgehog game will come to the iphone, i mean, sega have made one for the ipod, and they have made super monkey ball so they already make games for apple items so does anyone know how likely it is for a sonic game to come out on the iphone? also could someone email sega to ask them if they have thought of the idea yet?
thanks a lot!
jordancoolj
01-03-2009, 04:24 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordancoolj View Post
Hi, i was just wondering what the chances are that a sonic the hedgehog game will come to the iphone, i mean, sega have made one for the ipod, and they have made super monkey ball so they already make games for apple items so does anyone know how likely it is for a sonic game to come out on the iphone? also could someone email sega to ask them if they have thought of the idea yet?
thanks a lot!
jordancoolj
the same chance of people to stop posting threads about the games they want.

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

01-03-2009, 04:29 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Collins,GA
Posts: 108
Send a message via AIM to matt
Its very likely. I would rather have a new version of the game, maybe 3-D like the Dreamcast version?

@mmccarty

Gameloft LIVE: mattmccarty
01-03-2009, 04:42 PM
#4
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 134
Send a message via AIM to STP_Steve Send a message via Yahoo to STP_Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordancoolj View Post
Hi, i was just wondering what the chances are that a sonic the hedgehog game will come to the iphone, i mean, sega have made one for the ipod, and they have made super monkey ball so they already make games for apple items so does anyone know how likely it is for a sonic game to come out on the iphone? also could someone email sega to ask them if they have thought of the idea yet?
thanks a lot!
jordancoolj
The chances are pretty close to 100%, I would say.

Steve Palley, www.slidetoplay.com
01-03-2009, 04:49 PM
#5
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Cali-forn-i-a
Posts: 2,302
i would say they are pretty good. I just hope it is 2d like the old sonic games, maybe a port of sonic advance that was on the GBA. I have that on my emulator and it would be great with tilt controls.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
01-03-2009, 05:13 PM
#6
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 356
Send a message via AIM to Herp
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
Its very likely. I would rather have a new version of the game, maybe 3-D like the Dreamcast version?
'Tis called, "Sonic Adventure".

Personally, it's my favorite Sonic yet. The newer ones suck.

But on topic, I wouldn't count on seeing it anytime soon. Controls seem to be a problem...
01-03-2009, 05:26 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Rapture. It sucks.
Posts: 414
How many of these threads are people gonna start? If SEGA feels like making one then they will but until they announce it no one knows. Your guess is as good as ours.
01-03-2009, 05:27 PM
#8
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by {klondike} View Post
How many of these threads are people gonna start? If SEGA feels like making one then they will but until they announce it no one knows. Your guess is as good as ours.
Agree.


P.S: Valencia C.F. just scored a goal, 3-1

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
01-03-2009, 05:37 PM
#9
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Williamstown, NJ
Posts: 67
I think there is a huge chance Sonic will be out for the iphone. I mean there is already a version for the old ipods.

Top Secret Eyes Only
01-03-2009, 05:49 PM
#10
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 143
I hope its the one for the DREAMCAST, the launch title, that was one of my favorite games ever. Would LOOOOOVE to see it on the iPhone.